11 🍄

Though Saad had already proposed Falak, he went over to her house the very next day, with his parents to officially ask for Falak's hand in marriage from her mother. Obviously she was had agreed. Saad and Falak were set to marry by the end of the month. Everyone was over the moon after hearing the announcement of their wedding. The preparations have started. Falak called Jen and asked her to stay with her until her wedding. She had no idea what to do, where to start, she was literally going insane. Jen laughed at her panicked state and made her sit beside her.

"Teri shadi hai tu jung py nahi jarahi hai." Jen said to her said.

"Yaar mujhe pata nahi kyu tension horahi hai. Kuch gadbad hogyi toh?"

"Kya gadbad hogi kuch nahi hoga. Tension mat le."

Jen explained that it was okay to be nervous before getting married and that nothing is going to go wrong its all in her head. Falak agreed that it's probably all in her head and calmed down. Days passed in a blur as all of their time was spent shopping and wedding preparations.

A few days before the wedding Falak got a call from Sadia telling her to be ready and that she'd be arriving at her place shortly. Falak did as she was told and was now waiting for her friend to arrive. It was obvious that Jen would be joining them too.

"Chalo chalo jaldi we gotta go." Sadia said entering Falak's living room.

"Wo to theek hai but jana kahan hai?" Falak asked.

"Shopping, tumhara shadi ka joda lene." Sadia replied in a duh tone.

"Wo to ladke walo ki taraf se nahi aata?"Jen intervened.

"Haan but iski pasand ka toh hona chaiye na, to maine socha ke isko sath jaun." Sadia explained.

"Acha matlab tum "mere sasural" se aayi ho?" Falak asked air quoting the words mera sasural.

"Bilkul mai toh ladke wali hoon."

"Dhokebaaz." Falak threw a pillow at Sadia. "You're supposed to be my friend. Ladki walii." She exclaimed.

"Beta teri shadi kisi aur se hoti na to mai aati bhi nahi. Main to apne devar ki shadi karwa rahi hoon." Sadia teased.

"Haww ab tum mujhse badla logi." Falak pouted.

"Haanji."

"Ajeeb miyan biwi ho." Jen shrugged. "Udhar tumhara husband kehrha hai wo baraat ka welcome karne khada hoga." She laughed.

"Hadi ne aisa kaha?" Sadia asked.

"Yes aur Mariyam bhi taraf wali hai. So ap aur apka devar aaiyega akele." Falak chuckled. Sadia pouted at the statement.

"Fikar mat karo hume pata Hadi sirf Saad ko lootne ke liye ladki walo ki taraf hai." Falak laughed putting an arm around Sadia's shoulder.

"Hahah true. Chalo let's not waste time. Madam ko jaldi kuch pasand nahi aata." Jen said telling them to hurry up.

And Jen was right. Falak could not find the perfect dress. She was all over the place. Sometimes she didn't like the color of the dress, and when she did the design wouldn't be good. Sometimes the dress would be too heavy for her liking and sometimes it'd be too simple for Sadia and Jen's. The two girls ignored the soon to be bride's whining and continue their search for the perfect dress.

"Mujhe bhook lagrhi hai." "Mai thak gayi." "Kal ajaengy."

Her words fell on deaf ears. In her frustration she missed Saad. The two of them hadn't met ever since the dates have been finalized. There was no ritual for doing so but it was Saad's idea to not meet before the wedding. Quoting him,

"Shiddat ko badhne do Fifi, uska maza hi alag hoga jab hum sidhe nikkah wale din milengy."
To which she rolled her eyes but agreed nonetheless.

Just because they weren't allowed to meet didn't mean they couldn't talk to each other. So while Jen and Sadia were busy looking at dresses she slipped aside and called Saad.

"Ji meri jaan." He answered the phone.

"Bilkul koi jaan bolne ki zarurat hai." She was furious.

"Kya hogaya meri jaan ko?" He asked sweetly.

"Tumhari jo bhabhi hai na wo typical serial wali sister in law ban gayi hai." She complained making him laugh. "Aur ye Jen bhi uske sath mil gayi hai."

"Kya kiya dono ne?"

"Hum shopping par aaye hain aur kuch mujhe pasand nahi aarha. Aur ye dono meri baat sun hi nahi rahi hain." Falak went on and on how they were both torturing her by making her try on a hundred different dresses.

"Itna kya mushkil hai, shadi ka dress hi toh hai." Saad said over the phone.

"I want to find the perfect dress. I want to look good on my special day, for you." She pouted.

"Meri jaan tum kuch bhi pehen lo mujhe achi lagogi."

"Saad...." She whined. "You're not helping."

"Acha I'll help you choose okay?" He said.

"For real?? Tum yahan aarahe ho? Hum mil sakte hain?" Falak asked excitedly.

"Nahi baby, mai nahi aa raha, you'll send me pictures." He replied.

"Saad dafa hojao. Mai khud choose kar lungi." She snapped and Saad laughed on the other side of the phone.

"Itna taras rahi ho mujhse milne ke liye?" He asked in a teasing tone.

"Nahi, bilkul bhi nahi. Ab tum dekhna kon tadpega." She huffed and hung up. "Tum dono ko kuch mila pehenne layak ya nahi?" She asked in her friends in frustration.

"Haan we've shortlisted a few. Ab final decision tumhara." Sadia said showing her a few dresses that they chose. Falak tried them and finally decided on one.

"This is it." Falak gasped looking at herself in the mirror.

"Yes it's absolutely beautiful." Jen said.

"Oh my God yes." Sadia exclaimed.

After getting the dress the three girls went back home.

A/n: short filler chapter.