14 🦋

"Ammi hospital se phone tha Furqaan bhai ka accident hogaya hai." Those words crumbled everyone as soon they left Ayesha's mouth.

"Ya Allah." Dadi jaan gasped.

Seher's lips wobbled as she tried her best not to cry. Zainab look at her with tears in her eyes and immediately pulled her in her embrace. That gesture was enough to make the younger let out her tears.

"Konsa hospital?" Seher asked.

"City hospital."

In a blink of an eye everyone rushed towards the hospital. Arsalan was driving the car while Aslam sat in the passenger's. Zainab comforting Seher in the back seat. Junaid, Sameena and Ateeqa were in the other car and the rest stayed behind with dadi Jaan at home.

Arsalan rushed into the hospital and asked for Furqaan and the receptionist told him that was bought here a while ago and has been taken for surgery immediately since he had severe injuries and was loosing too much blood.

Two hours of waiting and still no news, everyone was anxious and was praying for his well being. Their phuppa, Saba's husband, Sarmad was a doctor and luckily he was the one operating Furqaan.

Outside the operation theatre, Aslam and Arsalan were pacing in the corridor while Sameena quietly sobbed in her sister in law's arms.

Junaid and Zainab were at Seher's side who was just numb. She stopped crying an hour ago and has been sitting there staring into space.

Azam came running towards them asked about the situation. Just as Arsalan was about to answer, Sarmad came out. Seher immediately rushed to his side and spoke,

"Phuppa, sab thik to hai na?"

"Allah ke karam aur tumlogo ki duaon se he's out of danger."

"Ya Allah tera shukar hai." Sameena and Ateeqa said at the same time.

"Abhi thodi der me hum use room me shift kar dengy. Abhi wo hosh mai nahi hai par jakar dekh sakte hain." Sarmad said and left .

Zainab hugged Seher and they both cried, this time tears of joy. Soon he was shifted into a room and everyone went to see him one by one.

"Abba jaan ab ap aur ammi ghar chale jaen, chachi jaan ap bhi." Azam said.

"Nahi beta thik hai." Ateeqa argued.

"Ab fikar ki koi baat nahi hai. Aplogo ki tabiyat kharab hojaegi. Waise bhi hum log hain na yaha." Azam said and Aslam agreed.

"Junaid jao sabko ghar lekar jao." Arsalan said.

"Chalo." Zainab said to Seher.

"Mai nahi jarhi aplog jaiye."

"Seher, beta...-" Azam started but she didn't let him finish.

"Mai nahi jaungi."

"Azam beta behes mat karo rukne do use." Aslam said.

Soon Junaid took Zainab, Ateeqa, Sameena and Aslam home. Arsalan, Seher and Azam were waiting for Furqaan to gain conscious. Seher started crying as soon as she entered the room, looking at him attached to all those machines. His arm in a cast.

"Tum yahi raho hum bahar hi hain." Arsalan said and she nodded.

She sat on the chair beside his bed and took his hand in hers.

"Uthein na." She cried. "Mujhe apko aise dekhna bilkul bhi acha nahi lag raha." She sobbed. Before she knew feel asleep in the chair with her head resting on their intertwined hands.

The next morning Azam came in to check on Furqaan and Seher but left as he realised that Furqaan hasn't woken up and Seher was sound asleep.

Hours later Seher felt something move so she blinked her eyes open and noticed she feel asleep on their hands. She looked at him, expecting him to be awake but he wasn't.

She couldn't help but cry again.

"Why are you doing this me. Wake up." He sobbed. "I promise mai Junaid se nahi ladungi, mai apki har baat manungi, please wake up."

A few minutes later she felt him move and he opened his eyes. She smiled through her tears. She immediately pulled out her phone and called Azam.

"Azam bhai, Furqaan ko hosh agaya." She smiled. "Ap jaldi ajaen." With that she hung up.

"Ap rukein me phuppa ko bula kar lati hoon." She rushed outside and came back with Sarmad.

Sarmad helped Furqaan sit up straight and then checked his vitals.

"Kaisa mehsoos ho raha hai? Koi taklif?" He asked.

"Poori body dard kar rahi hai." Furqaan replied.

"Wo to mai pain killer de dunga to thik ho jaega."

Azam and Arsalan came rushing inside the room.

"Bhai. Arsalan " Furqaan acknowledged.

"Thik to ho?" Azam asked and he nodded.

"Bhai apne to hume dara diya tha." Arsalan said.

"Tumhe pata hai ammi aur Seher ka ro ro kar bura haal tha." Azam said.

"Oi pagli tum kyu itna ro rahi thi." Furqaan said to Seher, who standing in the corner, thanking Allah for saving her beloved's life.

"Furqaan Miyaan ap aj raat tak ghar jaa sakte hain, mai discharge papers ready krwa deta hoon." Sarmad said.

Arsalan's phone rang and he answered.

"Ji bhabhi, haan hosh me hai, kal raat tak ghar bhi le aayengy In Sha Allah."

"Bhabhi? Kon?" Furqaan asked confused.

"Samiya bhabhi!" Seher said.

"Azam bhai ki shaadi ho chuki hai." Arsalan said.

"Ary haan yaar , pichle June me hi to thi." Furqaan said. Seher was going to correct him, that it wasn't the previous June but this one. But before she could Sarmad motioned her not to.

"Acha Furqaan in teeno ko to pehchaanty ho na?" Sarmad asked pointing at the three present in the room.

"Haan bhai, Arsalan aur Seher." He said simply.

"Aur inse tumhara kya rishta hai?"

"Azam bhai mere bhai hain aur
Arsalan aur Seher mere chacha ke bacche."

"Bas?" Sarmad pressured.

"Haan, kuch aur bhi hai kya?" He didn't know his words pierced a soul present in the room. "Waise ap ye sab puch kyu rahe hain?"

"Procedure hai. Brain functioning check karne ke liye. Bas aur kuch nahi." Sarmad said and beckoned others outside.

Seher followed behind Sarmad and Azam. As soon as they were out of the room she Asked,

"Phuppa ye kya hua hai?"

"Short term memory loss."