3 🦋

Two days left for Azam's Walima and the whole house was already decorated, everyone rushing here and there to get things done.

Today was the day of mehendi. The gathering was held in the garden of Rahat Villa. A huge mehraab was set up and beautifully decorated under which Samiya, the bride was sitting. Her cousins gathered around her along with other females. The males were inside the house.

Saba was getting emotional and the all the girls gathered around her in a group hug to comfort her.

"Ary phuppo royen na. Samiya api apne ghar hi to aa rahi hain." Zainab rubbed her phuppo's back.

"Okay stop being emotional you people. Maine dholki bajana shuru karna hai." Sana said.

"Haan bajao, mai jab tak mehendi lagwa leti hu." Seher said.

Everyone was having the time of their lives and were very happy. After 20 minutes Seher finally got her mehendi done, on both hands front and back.

Sameena was very busy along with Ateeqa and Fareha walking around the place greetings guests among the loud noises.

"Seher." Fareha called out.

"Ji chachi jaan?"

"Tumhare mehendi lag gayi?"

"Hanji lag gayi."

"To fir jao beta andar se wo mithai ke boxes le aao." Fareha instructed.

"Chachi jaan abhi to lagwai hai gili hi hai." Seher pouted.

"To kisi se bol do beta, I'm very busy warna mai bol deti." Fareha said.

"Thik hai mai bhejwa deti hun." Seher said and scurried inside.

"Arsalan bhai sunein." She said as soon as she saw her brother.

"Kya hua?" He asked.

"Chachi jaan keh rahi hain mithai ke boxes bahar bhijwa dein."

"Mujhe to abba ne catering wale ke paas jane ko kaha hai. Tum kisi aur se boldo." He explained and she nodded.

She walked further inside the house looking for someone who could help her, she found Azam in his room. The door to his room was open and he stood infront of the mirror.

"Ohho dekho to zara, mere bhai kitne acche lag rahe hain." She said gaining his attention.

"Nahi meri gudiya zyada pyaari hai." He replied making her smile. "Itni pareshaan kyu ghum rahi ho?"

"Chachi jaan ne kaam kaha hai."

"Mujhe batao mai kardeta hun."

"Nahi dulha miyaan, ab to apko kaam se hi lagna hai, do din araam karlen." She giggled.

"Badmash." He laughed and brought his hand forward to ruffle her hair but she ran away quickly. She bumped into a hard chest.

"Dekh kar. Itni tezi me kahan jaa rahi ho?" Furqaan asked.

"Ary Azam bhai mere baal kharab karne wale thy. To mai bhaag ayi unke pas se." She laughed. " Acha hua ap mil gaye. Chaliye kaam py lagiye."

"Kya kaam hai?" He raised his brow.

"Mithai ke boxes bahar rakhne hain."

"Aur ye ap kyu nahi kar sakti?" He asked as he folded his arms against his chest. She wiggled her hands in front of his face.

"Gili hai."

"Acchi lag rahi hai."

"Pata hai." She replied smugly as they made their way to the kitchen.

Furqaan picked up the boxes and was about to walk out when she stopped him.

"Kya hua?"

"Dabba kholen."

"Kyun?" He asked confused.

"Kholen to." He did as he was told and opened the box.

"Aaa." She opened her mouth indicating him to feed her. He just kept looking at her.

"Ary khila dein, mere hath me mehendi lagi hai warna mai khud kha leti." She huffed.

He picked up the piece and shoved it in her mouth. She was surprised and was about to kick him in the shin but her mind was clouded by the sweetness that pooled in her mouth and she chewed it cutely.

"Ek aur please."

"Abhi to bohot jaldi kar rahi thi, chachi chilaengi aur wagerah wagerah." He teased.

"Aur ab baatein karne me aur time waste kar rahe hain. Khilaen na." She opened her mouth again and he fed her. Her hair was stuck on her face so he pushed it behind her ear.

"Thank you." She said her mouth full. He laughed at her behaviour. "Ab chalen."

They both started walking out and suddenly he asked,

"Aj tumne green ka sabse darkest shade kyu pehna hai?"

"Mehendi green hoti hai and mujhe dark colours bohot pasand hai."

"Matlab walime mein bhi kuch dark hi hoga?" He asked curiously.

"Hanji, royal blue." She replied.

"Tauba hai ladki." They both laughed.

Far from the distance dadi jaan watched the duo interact and smiled. She just hope for both of them to be happy forever, just like they are in the very moment.

After the function was over everyone went to their rooms to get proper rest and wake up early tomorrow. Seher and Zainab changed into their night wears and laid on the bed.

"Kahan khoyi ho?" Zainab asked the younger bringing her out of her imagination. However the latter couldn't tell her what she was thinking about.

"Kahin nahi, bas thak gayin hu." She replied.

"Okay. Good night."

"Good night." Seher replied and turned on her side.

She closed her eyes and the moment from the kitchen came back to her. She felt her heart flutter at the thought. She smiled to herself. She didn't notice before how her cousin is so caring towards her. How she treated him different than others and so did he.

She shook her head and thought it was inappropriate to think about him that way. Does she like him? She didn't know. But she felt happy around him and he makes her giddy from the inside.

"Don't overthink, he's your cousin, who's five years older than you. Just don't think about it." She scolded herself.

"Uff." She huffed.

"Kya hua?" Zainab asked.

"Mujhe neend nahi arhi."

"Chalo Baatein karte hain." The older suggested and the younger agreed.

And they both talked until Seher forgot her thoughts about Furqaan and fell into deep slumber.

On the other hand Furqaan chuckled to himself as he thought about the incident. He laid on his bed and stared at the ceiling.

"I'm gonna tell her tomorrow."