6 🍄

The next morning Falak got a call from Saad that he'd be arriving with her car shortly. Falak was scrolling instagram on her phone while her mother was watching some boring news on tv. A thought had been bothering Falak for a while and she knew her mother would definitely have answers. She locked her phone and put it in her lap.

"Mama sunen." She called.

"Han bolo." Her mother replied still looking at the tv. Falak tsked and grabbed the remote from the table, she turned the television off.

"Arey tv kyu off krdiya."

"Mujhe zaruri baat karni hai."

"Ab kya kiya Saad ne?" Her mother asked looking at her.

"Saad? Saad ne kuch nahi kiya... Apko kyu laga usne kuch kiya hai?" She asked.

"Tumhari zaruri bato me wahi hota hai." Her mother said as if it's the obvious thing in the world.

"Aisa zaruri nahi hai." Falak said bashfully.

"Acha toh matlab Saad se related baat nahi hai?"

"Uske bare me hai...arey matlab meri hi baat hai...." Her mother raised her brows making her stutter "Mama." She whined.

"Acha bolo bolo kya hua." Her mother laughed.

"Apko pata hai na yesterday I met with Saad, Hadi and Sadia." Her mother nodded encouraging her to continue. "Toh you see, after that I had a conversation with Saad and...."

"And?"

"Do you hate Saad?" Falak asked abruptly.

"No. Why would you ask this absurd question?"

"We're courting each other." Falak admitted. "I know things haven't been the best between me and him but we're trying. And I wanted to know if you resent him in any way. You're my mother, I would never do something you wouldn't want." She explained as best she could.

"Falak, beta, sabse pehli baat toh I don't have any bad feelings towards Saad. He's a nice boy from times I've met him and what you've told me. He was just a little boy when it all happened, you can't actually blame him, can you?" Her mother asked and she shook her head. "And last but the most thing is your happiness. If he makes you happy, then nothing matters to me." Her mother looked at her with a loving gaze. "You've been through a lot, I only wish for good things to come your way."

"Thank you Mama. He really does makes me happy." She said hugging her mother. He mother hugged her back tightly, pecking her forehead.

Their moment was interrupted by a car honking from outside. Falak's phone pinged a few seconds later. She knew who it would be and her guess was correct, it was a text from Saad. She opened the message with a smile.

Saad:
I'm outside :)
Seen by Falak.

She quickly made her way out to meet Saad. He was already out of the car. Her smile doubled as she approached him.

"Good morning." Saad said handing her a bouquet of yellow roses.

"Good morning, ye kis liye?" She asked taking the flowers from him.

"Bas ese hi." He smiled brightly. "Hope you still like yellow roses." He scratched the back of his neck.

"Love them." She took a whiff of the flowers.

"Apki amanat." He said handing her the car keys.

"Thank you." She said taking them from him. "Care to stay for a coffee?" She asked looking up at him.

"Sure." He replied. She took his hand in hers and led him inside the house.

Saad had only been in her house twice, back in college, when they used to have group study sessions. Even when the seven of them had different subjects, they did studied together so they wouldn't get bored easily.