4 🐚

Shams didn't want to be at the mall, but he was sent by his mother had asked him to get some things which anyone could've gotten but to his luck, nobody was available. He begrudgingly walked from store to store, hurrying to get done with the task. He stopped in his tracks when he saw a familiar trouble maker laughing with a stranger. He raised his brow as he went closer to assess the situation.

Aliya walked out of the store and she bumped into her college friend, Arhaan. He is her classmate. Aliya didn't notice him first he saw her.

"Hey Aliya." He called out.

"Arhaan. Hi." She smiled at him.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Last minute errands." She pointed to the bag in her hand. He smiled, showing his dimples.

"I see, bhai ki shadi ki tayyariyan zoro shoro se." She nodded at his statement. "But akele?"

"I came with M, but she had to leave early." She explained. "Waise tumhe ana hai bhai ki shadi py bhulna nai." She said.

"Mujhe to kisi ne nahi bulaya?" He smirked playfully.

"Maine apne hatho se invitation card tumhare hath me diya tha. Nautanki mat karo samjhe." She hit him with her bag. He laughed and she laughed along with him.

"Mazak kar raha hoon!! Zarur aunga. Tum ghar kaise ja rahi ho?" He asked her.

"Uber probably." She shrugged.

"Arey chalo mai drop kardeta hoon."

"Tum kahan pareshan hogy, me khud chali jaungi."

"Koi pareshani wali bat nahi hai, me drop kardeta hoon chalo." He insisted so she agreed.

The two of them were about to leave the spot when Shams approached him. He glared at Arhaan who was standing too close to Aliya.

"Tum," he said sharply to Aliya, "yahan kya kar rahi ho?" Still glaring at Arhaan.

"Sunset dekh rahi hoon." She replied sarcastically. "Wanna join?" Her tone was too sweet for his liking. He cringed internally.

"Ye kon hai?" He asked turning his head towards the other boy.

"Ye Arhaan hai mera friend. Aur Arhaan ye irrelevant hai." She introduced them seriously. She knew Arhaan knew he was Shams. "Aur ab agar ap mind na kare toh hume ghar jana hai."

"Tum iske sath ayi thi?" Shams asked.

"Tumse matlab?" Arhaan stood there awkwardly staring at the bickering duo. He felt too left out of the context and he didn't know if he should step in or not.

"If you don't mind Arhaan, Aliya mere sath ghar jaegi." Before Arhaan could reply Aliya snapped.

"Aur ye kab decide hua?" Shams wanted to break something.

"Just abhi."

"Tumhe nai lagta ke tumhe apni ye badi si naak dusro ke maamlo me nahi adani chaiye?"

"Mujhe zaruat nai padegi agar tum apna ye chota sa dimag istemal karna shuru kardo toh." He retroted.

"Uhm..." Arhaan cleared his throat. "I think I should get going."

"Yeah bye Arhaan." Shams waved him off.  "Chalo." Aliya begrudgingly followed him all the way to the parking lot, stomping her feet all the way.

Shams went ahead and opened the door for her. She was too shocked at his kind gesture, but didn't comment on it. He got inside the car and reversed out of the parking space.

"Kahin tum mujhe murder karke kahin phekne to nahin wale?" Aliya broke the silence.

"Waise hi zeher lagti ho, marne ke bad toh dekhne layak bhi nahi lagogi." He replied. "Waise bhi mere pas itna faltu time nahi hai."

"Toh kya main jaan sakti hu tum mujhe ghar chorne kyu ja rahe ho jab me aram se Arhaan ke sath ja sakti thi?"

"Wo ek stranger hai, tum uske sath kaise ghar ja sakti ho? Wo bhi akele?"

Aliya laughed at his statement.

"Wo mera dost hai. Tumhare liye stranger hoga."

"Haan mere liye stranger hai wo aur mujhe uspy bharosa nahi hai." Shams stared straight at the road. "Aur me tumhe uske sath nahi jane dene wala tha."

"Kyun? Aisa kyun?" Aliya turned her body to look at him.

"Kyuke tum Ali bhai ki behen ho." Aliya felt disappointed after listening his answer. She thought maybe if he could've given a different answer they could've called for a truce and left their differences behind and just be civil towards each other. But no, this is Shams Siddique we're talking about. She internally rolled her eyes.

"Well, agar tum wahan hote hi nahi toh?"

"That's different. Nothing on my conscious." He shrugged. "But agar abhi main tumhe jane deta, aur kuch hojata toh me Ali bhai ko kbhi face nahi kar pata aur guilt se hi mar jata." His answer made her angry.

"Pehli baat . Aisa waisa kuch nahi hota. Aur dusri baaat, Shams Siddique you're a selfish piece of shit. Gadi roko." She exclaimed loudly. He didn't pay any heed to her and continued driving. She sighed and looked out of the window.

She didn't say anything through the whole ride and neither did he.  When they reached her house she got out of the car and didn't bother closing the door. He stared at her back incredulously, he sighed and got out of the car to close the door when he noticed the shopping bag she forgot. He knew if he went in right now she might break a vase at his head and he can't afford that with his sister's wedding four days away.

He decided not to give it to her, he assumed she'd call him when she remembers that she forgot her stuff in his car. Or he would give it to Ali when he meets him the next time.

Aliya slammed the door to her room and threw her bag on her bed. She realised she didn't have her shopping bag with her.

"Oh shooot." She yelled. "Can this day get any worse? I swear ye Shams ka baccha mere liye bad luck haii." She paced back and forth in her room. There was no way she is going to call him right now to get it back. This has to wait. She called Mahira to fill in her with the details and rant how much she hates Shams Siddique. Her best friend listened to her ramble until her mother called her for dinner.

"Good luck with getting your dress back. Call me if you need help." Mahira said before hanging up.

"Yeah bye M."

A/n: not edited, not proofread, literally wrote this in one seating at 1am lol.