10 🍄

After Falak Jr's birthday party things had been going smoothly for Saad and Falak. Their relationship was blooming perfectly and life has never been better, it was beautiful evening, until that phone call. Falak's day had been completely ruined after call. Had she known who was on the other side of the phone she would've never answered that unknown number.

"Hello Falak." An annoying voice chirped. Falak groaned inwardly as she heard the voice.

"Hello kon?" She asked not giving her the satisfaction.

"Pehchana nahin?" She pouted. "main Mirha baat kar rahi hu."

"Oh hi Mirha, sorry maine pehchana nahi." Sorry my foot.

"Koi baat nahi, maine tumhara number Sadia se liya I hope you don't mind." Mirha started, "maine socha apne school friends se contact me rehna chaiye, Falak tum toh hum sab ko bhool hi gayin." Falak rolled her eyes as she blabbered.

"Uhm Mirha kuch kaam tha tumhe mujhse? Main actually thodi busy thi." Falak tried to sound polite for obvious reasons. She's is Saad's cousin.

"Haan actually ek bohot zaruri baat karni thi."

"Haan bolo?"

"Tum aur Saad, tumhara kuch scene chal raha hai kya?" Mirha asked directly.

"Tumhe usse kya?" Falak snapped not bothering to be polite.

"Party me dekh kar laga. Mai toh bas waise hi puch rahi thi."

"Ye mera personal matter hai." Falak said flatly.

"Waise honestly mujhe nahi lagta Saad would ever go for you, uski choice itni buri bhi nahi hai." Mirha let out a high pitched giggle. It hurt Falak's eardrums.

"Tumhe Saad ki choice ka bada pata hai." Falak retroted.

"Ofcourse, maine uski sab girlfriends dekhi hain."

"Girlfriends?"

"Haan college se lekar abhi tak uski jitni bhi girlfriends rahi hain. They were all pretty unlike you." Mirha said trying to strike a nerve but little did she know that nerve doesn't exist now. Falak had stopped being insecure long ago.

"Wo sab to theek hai but tumne mujhe call kyu kiya hai, thoda jaldi point py aogi? You're kind of wasting my time." Falak replied.

"Maine bas tumhe ye batane ke liye call kiya hai ke agar Saad ne tumse koi wada kiya hai toh usko zyada seriously mat lena. Wo dhokebaz hai aur tum bas apna time waste kar rahi ho." Mirha spat venomously.

"Acha toh does this mean you're waiting in line? Like you did for every taken boy in school?" Falak sassed.

"How dare you." Mirha yelled over the phone.

"Tumhara ho gaya ho to I have to go."

"You'll regret this."

"Shut up Mirha, we're not in high school where you'd make me feel bad to feed in your insecurities. I pity you. Have some self respect and don't call me ever again." Falak said hanging up.

She threw her phone on her bed. She laid on her bed and stared at the ceiling. A million thoughts ran through her mind. She knew Mirha only called her to get under her skin and she was half sucessful. Though she didn't give her the satisfaction by displaying her irritation but she was beyond annoyed.

'Saad's girlfriends til now?' 'better choices?'

Falak shook her head and took breaths to calm herself down. She remembered Sadia telling her Saad hasn't been with anyone ever since she left. Also he wouldn't lie to her. His love literally radiated from his body when they're together, there's no way it's fake. She realised that people like Mirha can never see other people being happy and content in their lives, people like her only want to break others' spirit just to feel great about themselves.

This one phone call which Falak thought ruined her day, actually made her realize what she hadn't before. It made her realise of her need to be with Saad, it made her realise of the huge mistake she was making, she was wasting time. The time she could spend being with Saad. They had already missed a few years of their happiness by being stupid and naive and she was making the same mistake again.

Falak cried tears of happiness as realisation hit her.

"How could I be so stupid." She laughed through tears.

She immediately called Saad and asked him his whereabouts. He was alarmed at her croaky voice but answered nevertheless.

"Meet me at our place, right now." She told him and before he could answer she hung up.

The sun was already setting as Falak drove to their place. She arrived there first and waited for Saad. Within minutes he was there, Falak could tell he drove really fast from the way he pulled up. He jumped out his car making his way to her.

"Fifi, meri jaan, what happened baby?" He rushed to her and cupped both her cheeks in his large hands. "Kyu ro rahi ho?"

"Marry me?" She asked with a smile.

"What?" He couldn't comprehend what she meant.

"Will you marry me Saad Agha?" She asked again.

"This is a serious question?" He asked.

"A very serious question. And I'm not repeating myself." She smiled.

"Shouldn't it be the other way around?" He asked.

"Doesn't matter to me." She let a few tears drop from her eyes.

"Then allow me to do it the proper way." He said pulling out a chain from beneath his t shirt. He removed it from his neck and pulled out the ring from the chain.

"What even is that?" She giggled.

"I had it made after I met you in the mall and I've been carrying this with me ever since Fifi's birthday, for this moment exactly." Saad explained.

The moon shone brightly in the night sky, the light illuminating their faces as Saad went down on one knee.

"Falak, I have loved you since we were 19 and I've never seen a more stupider 19 year old than myself. I lost the most precious person in the whole world all because of my stupidity."

"In conclusion you were stupid." Falak laughed.

"Yes, so I was saying..." He took a deep breath. "I love you Falak, I want us to forget all our bitter memories and create new beautiful ones. I don't want to spend any more time without you by my side. I want to grow old with you. Will you marry me?"

"Is that even a question. Yes I'll marry you." She replied. He slipped the ring in her finger and stood up.

"You have no idea how happy you've made me." He said looking in her eyes.

"I think I do, because the feeling is mutual."

A/n please read:
I feel so unmotivated due to lack of engagement on my story. I literally feel like I can't even write anymore. This is so disheartening that i upload multiple chapters in a day and give daily updates, still the amount of reads and votes vary so much.

I'm trying very hard to complete this story for the 4-5 readers who vote and comment regularly, who show immense love to my story. Dw guys I won't leave you hanging, though it might take a while.