17 🦋

"Aagye aap log?" Seher said as Zainab entered the room.

"Nahi abhi raste me hain." Zainab retroted sassily.

"Very funny." Seher replied.

"To ye itna behuda sawal puchne ka maqsad?"

"Offo chorein. Koi Dress pasand aya?"

"Nahi. Kal tum chalna yr inlogo ke sath nahi jaungi main." Zainab whined laying on the bed.

"Acha thik hai. To kya kuch bhi nahi layi ap?" Seher asked laying beside her.

"Uh huh, Ayesha Sana ne dress liya aur haan bhai ne bhi." Zainab said.

"Chalo acha hai ab wo humare sath nahi jaengy kal." Seher said.

"Tumhe kyu nahi jana unke saath?" Zainab asked.

"Mujhe ab ajib lagta hai. I mean I seriously don't know how to act around him. Main unhe do baar Furqaan bol chuki hoon and he noticed." Seher cringed at herself.

"Zainab." A voice called out. She made a face knowing what's coming next.

"Kya hua bhai?" She asked already knowing the answer.

"Kuch kaam kaha tha tumse." Furqaan said entering the room.

"Ab yaha tak agaye hain to khud karlen." Zainab smirked at Seher who sat there having no clue whatsoever.

"Uh Seher..." He called out.

"Ji?"

"Ye tumhare liye hai." He said handing her a shopper.

"Ye kya hai?" She asked examining the bag.

"Dekho to." Zainab urged.

Seher took out the contents of the bag. It wa a black dress. Simple yet elegant.

"Pata nahi kyu ise dekh kar mujhe tumhara khayal aya to maine le liya." Furqaan explained.

"Thank you but iski kya zaroorat thi.." Seher bit her lip feeling overwhelmed.

"Meri engagement py pehnna.. bohot hi accha lag raha hai. Bhai isiliye to laye hain, haina bhai?" Zainab rambled.

"Haan...keh sakte hain, I mean pehnogi to accha mujhe lagega." He stuttered.

"Sure. Thanks again." She said putting it back in the shopper.

~~~~~

A day before the function. The girls were having fun, blasting music, singing songs, getting henna and making fun of Junaid and his failed attempts at dancing.

Seher didn't want to get her hands decorated with Henna since it didn't feel the same anymore. But after Zainab's continuous pestering and puppy eyes, she gave in.

She stood alone on the terrace, the moon shining brightly in the night sky. She looked at her hands, a sigh left her lips as she closed her eyes and felt the wind caressing her cheeks.

She thought about the time when she used to sneak around with Furqaan. How they would spend their time together. Sometimes bickering and sometimes enjoying silence in each other's embrace.

Her lips wobbled as tears streamed down her cheeks. How she wishes to turn back in time and prevent the accident.

"Main tumhe pure ghar me dhund raha hun aur tum yahan...-" Furqaan stopped as soon he noticed her tears.

She looked at him and lifted her hand to wipe her tears but didn't continue because of her, yet to be dried henna. He noticed.

"Mai jab bhi tumse milta hum Tum ro kyu rahi hoti ho?" He asked wiping her tears.

"Apki timing kharab hai shayad." She smiled at him.

"Nahi sach batao, kya hua hai?"

"Ap pareshan na hoen."

"Mai pareshan na houn? Kaise na houn mai pareshan. I don't what's happening to me, whenever I'm around you I feel something I can't explain. Aur tumhe rota hua dekhta hoon to mujhe kuch ho jata hai. Mera dil chahta hai mai use barbad kar dun jisne tumhe rulaya." His words made her cry even more.

"Kismat se ladengy ap?" She chuckled through her tears.

"Mujhe batao, Seher please kya hua hai. Kyu mujhe door kar rahi ho."

"Main apko door kar rahi hun? Humara pas rehne wala koi rishta nahi hai."

"Seher.."

"Ap mujhe kyu dhund rahe thy?" She asked changing the topic.

"Bat change mat karo."

"Ap mujhe kyu dhund rahe thy Furqaan bhai." She emphasized on bhai.

He felt his heart break, the reason unknown to him. His head hurts and so does his heart. He nodded and stepped aside.

"Dadi jaan bula rahi hain tumhe." He simply state and she left.

~~the next day~~

"Raat bhar ro rahi thi. Kya hua hai mujhe bataogi?" Zainab asked Seher for the nth time.

"Kuch nahi." She repeated the same answer the nth time.

"Utho chalo tayyar ho." The younger nodded.

Fifteen minutes later they were both ready.
Seher wore the dress Furqaan bought. Zainab decided not to go to the parlor and got ready by herself, along with her sisters' help.

Everyone was ready to leave for the venue. They were waiting for the two of them to come downstairs. Seher helped Zainab down the stairs. While everyone admired Zainab, a pair of eyes stayed glued to the younger.

Furqaan felt his heart race as he looked at Seher

Furqaan felt his heart race as he looked at Seher. He didn't think she would wear the dress he bought for her. Yet there she was wearing it, looking beautiful as ever. In that moment he knew his heart wasn't his anymore. If only he knew.