12 🦋

Furqaan and Azam left for Italy. They arrived there safely. Furqaan called Seher whenever he has time, and texted in between work. It has been five days since they've left. It was 3 in the morning and Seher couldn't sleep. She decided to text Furqaan.

Seher:
You there?

Furqaan:
Yes.

Furqaan:
Why are you up? Isn't it 3 in the morning there?

Seher:
Yeah. I couldn't sleep.

Seher:
Did I disturb you :(
Were you sleeping?

Furqaan:
No. It's 11 here.

Furqaan:
Want me to call you?

Seher:
Please <3

"Ap wapas kab aa rahe hain?" Was the first thing she said as soon she picked up the call making him laugh.

"Wah na koi salam dua sidhe sawalat." He chuckled.

"Bataen naa....kab aa rahe hain? I miss you." She whined.

"I seriously can't say, tumhe pata hai bhai ka. Wo hi bataengy kab jana hai wapas."

"But you promised ap chand raat se pehly wapas aa ajaengy."

"I said eid se pehly." He corrected.

"Haan lekin 90% chances hain ke parso Eid ho." She countered.

"Haan but 10% chances hain ke na ho. And I promise, I'll be back before Eid."

"Agar bhai nahi maane to unhe chor ke aa jaana ap." She suggested.

"Haan ye sahi hai." He laughed.

After talking for a few more minutes Seher grew tired and fell asleep. He smiled to himself and hung up.

Little did she know they're coming back tomorrow. The brothers decided to surprise everyone, especially their wives. No one at home knew they'd be coming back tomorrow.

The next day, Seher, Zainab, Samiya, Ayesha and Sana went to the terrace after iftaar. The twins jumped in excitement, spotting the moon.

"Api dekhein chand." They both squealed.

"Chand." Zainab pointed at the moon and started praying with closed eyes. All of them did the same.

"Eid ka chand mubarak." Zainab hugged all of her sisters.

"Khair mubarak api." Seher replied with a fake smile.

He broke his promise.

They all rushed downstairs and greeted their elders. Sameena, Ateeqa and Fareha started preparing for the next day.

Seher and Zainab were helping Dadi Jaan in chopping dry fruits.

"Kitna acha hota na agar Azam aur Furqaan yahin hote." Dadi jaan wondered out loud. The girl caught up in her thoughts didn't even notice the deep cut on her thumb. Zainab gasped as she noticed the blood.