15 🦋

"Short term memory loss."

"Phuppa ye ap kya keh rahe hain?" Azam asked.

"Dekho fikar karne ki koi baat nahi hai. Use sab kuch yaad hai bas sir py chot lagne ki wajah se recent events bhul gaya hai."

"To ab?" Seher asked.

"To ab ye ke use pressurise na kiya jae, use dhire dhire sab khud yaad ajaega. Ye time thoda critical hai agar humne uspy zor diya to shayad wo sab kuch bhool jae." Sarmad explained.

"Matlab in the meantime hume ye pretend karna hai ke hum dono ka nikah hua hi nahi hai?" Seher asked and Sarmad nodded.

"Gudiya, tum chaho to hum use bata dete..-"

"Nahi bhai, kaisi baat kar rahe hain, his health is our first priority, I can pretend if it's for him."

"Okay."

"Ghar py call karke bata dijiye sabko." Seher said plainly and Azam nodded.

Soon everyone at home was informed about the pretend thing. The next day, when arrived home all of them greeted Furqaan. While everyone was busy doing so, Seher made her way towards her room. She broke into tears as soon as the door was closed. Sobbed raked through her body as tried to take breaths in between.

The door opened revealing Zainab, she didn't waste time in pulling her younger sister in a hug.

"Shh thik hai it's okay." Zainab cooed in her hair.

"He doesn't remember." She cried.

"It's okay he will, I promise, he will remember in shaa Allah. Stop crying please."

"Api, ap yahin hai na, kahin jayengi to nahin?" She asked through tears.

"Haan meri jaan yahin hoon. Kahin nahi jaungi." Zainab assured.

Seher's sobs quiet downed as the older rubbed her back and before she knew she fell asleep.

It's been a week and there's no progress in Furqaan's condition whatsoever. He's absolutely fine, expect for the fact he doesn't remember much details of the past few months which includes their nikkah. Apart from that just a few scratches here and there, with a bandage around his head and his arm in a sling cast.

The past week was miserable for Seher. It became her routine to cry herself to sleep. She stopped talking to anyone in the house and stayed inside her room and only left when it's the most necessary. She avoided him mostly because she didn't know how to act around him as a cousin anymore.

A knock on the door brought her back to reality, she wiped her tears before muttering a "ajaen".

The door opened and there stood the person she was avoiding the most. Furqaan.

"Zainab kahan hai?" He asked entering the room, a first aid box in his hand.

"Api shayad tayi ammi ke room me hain." She told him. "Kyu kya hua?"

"Uh mujhe apna bandage change karwana tha. Tum kar dogi kya?" He asked and she just nodded.

He handed her the box and sat on the bed. She stood up and removed the bandage that was wrapped around his head.

"Ye gila kaise ho gaya?" She asked.

"I was showering." He replied.

"Furqaan ap..." She started but stopped as noticed his expressions.

"Furqaan bhai how can you be so careless. Phuppa ne especially kaha tha ke ise gila na hone dein, stitches fresh hain infection ho sakta hai." She scolded.