5 🍄

Later that day when Falak decided to leave Hadi and Sadia insisted that she stayed for dinner. She refused profusely but her hosts were hearing none of it.

"Ruk jao na, it's just dinner." Saad said looking at her intently.

"Haan na aur waise bhi koi tumhari flight thodi chuti jaa rahi." Sadia added.

"Acha baba theek hai." Falak gave in.

After dinner Falak was ready to leave, the three of them came all the way down to see her off. Before she could cross the threshold Hadi's voice called out.

"Accha suno."

"Nahi ab mai nahi ja rahi, Sadia isko aaj kamre se bahar nikaalo hum night in karengy." Falak said acting furious.

"Idea bura nahi hai." Sadia laughed.

"Haan even I don't mind. Ruk jao tum apan maza karengy." Hadi grinned.

"Tum dono shadi ke baad zyada dheet nahi hogye ho?" Falak asked rhetorically. "Jaane de yaar ghar, maa meri ghusne nahi degi ghar me." Falak whined.

"Haan aayi badi jaise maa ki sunti hai bohot." Hadi rolled his eyes. "Main toh bas itna keh raha tha ke Falak ka bday hai next week and humne ek choti si party rakhi hai. Toh tumhe aana hi hai aur Jen ko bhi lekar aana."

"And you couldn't have called me later?" She rolled her eyes.

"Itna faltu time nahi rehta mere pas." Hadi sassed back.

"Haye mera baccha bahu ke aate hi muh zor hogaya hai." Falak sobbed dramatically.

"Ab ghar me late nahi horha?" Hadi asked.

Sadia and Saad just laughed at their beloveds' stupidity. They greet each other farewell, Falak then hugged Sadia good night and went towards her car when Saad stopped her.

"Mai drop kar deta hoon." He said standing infront of her.

"Main chali jaungi Saad, I came by my own car." She replied.

"Haan I know you did but it's late. I don't want you to go alone."

"Late? Saad kya hogaya hai it's barely 10pm." She chuckled.

"Fifi 10pm is late.. I don't want you to go alone at night. Mai drop kar raha hoon that's final. Okay?" Falak smiled at his protective behaviour.

"Okay but meri car?" She asked.

"I'll bring it to you in the morning." He said unlocking his car.

He went ahead and opened the car door for her. Falak got deja vu remembering how he did the same at fresher's night. How this time she didn't need to tell him to do so. She smiled getting in the car, mumbling him a quick thank you.

"Chalen?" He asked putting on his seatbelt.

"Yes."

He revved the car and eased out of the parking space. The two sat in comfortable silence as Saad drove. Falak continued to stare out of the window, a few seconds later Saad called her,

"Hm?"

"Hum baat kar sakte hain?" He asked.

"Hum baat kar rahe hain Saad." She replied making him look at her.

"Falak..." He dragged.

"Saad.." she mimicked him.

"Falak, in all seriousness, can we talk?" He asked.

"Sure." She shrugged.

He nodded and she waited for him to talk but he didn't. Instead he continued to drive, Falak then noticed the all too familiar road, realising where they were going. She fidgeted with her fingers, feeling nervous all of a sudden. She remembered that everytime they talked there shit went down. Hopefully not this time.

They finally reached their destination. Saad parked the car and got out of the car. Falak did the same. The two stood side by side leaning on the bonnet of the car.

"Sorry but maine ye jagah chura li hai." Saad said staring at the beautiful citylights below. "I come here often." He said.

"How often?" She said looking at him.

"Maybe every other day?" He replied feeling bashful.

"The moon looks pretty." She said looking up at the sky.

"It does." He replied also staring at the celestial body. "tumhe pata hai Fifi...." He started. "In panch saalon me yahan itni baar aaya hoon ke mujhe khud bhi yaad nahin aur bas ye soch kar khush hojata tha ke atleast hum ek aasmaan ke niche toh hain." He confessed staring up. She looked at him and he looked back.

The two stared at each other under the moonlight.

"Main aur meri tanhai aksar ye baate karte thy tum hoti ko kaisa hota, tum ye kehti, tum wo kehti, tum kis baat py itna hairan hoti, tum uss baat py kitna hasti, tum hoti toh aisa hota, tum hoti to waisa hota. Iss jagah py tumhara ehsaas mere sath hota tha." He said holding her hand. "Ek waqt aisa tha jab maine umeed chor di thi ke tum kabhi wapas aogi."

"Kaisi nahi aati? Wada toh kiya tha na wapas aane ka, mujh py bharosa nahi tha?" She asked.

"Tum py hi toh bharosa tha, agar nahi tha toh apni kismat py." He replied. "I did wrong by you, toh meri saza to yehi honi thi ke tum mujhe kabhi dobara na milti." He said feeling melancholic.

"Saad choro ye saza waza ki baat mat karo." She said.

"Tumhe pata hai ye tum pehly bhi keh chuki ho?" He chuckled. She nodded smiling at him.

"Falak meri jaan, we've had our fair share of suffering, being away from each other." She felt heartbeat quicken at his words. "Mujhse ab ye bardasht nahi hota aur na main kar sakta."

"Saad, I know what you're saying is absolutely correct. Lekin ab kuch pehly jaisa nahi hai, waqt guzra hai, hum badle hain." She told him softly.

"Falak please, I know I did wrong, you left, everything changed but the one thing that never changed was my love for you. I loved you and I still you love. And all I'm asking for is one chance. For us." He said grabbing both her hands. "Do you not love me anymore?"

"I'm not denying that I still love you, I do. How could I not love you, Saad. You're all I ever wanted. All I'm saying is that we need to give us time."

"Time aur kitna time Falak? We've been apart for almost a decade." Saad argued.

"Not time apart, Saad. By giving each other time i mean, spend time together, be with each other, get to know each other. Baby steps, Saad. Diving straight into it would only be a recipe for disaster. And I don't want that." She explained.

"Okay I understand." He nodded. "Agreed. Baby steps."

"Waise..." Falak sang. "Ab to tum Hadi jealous nahi ho?" She teased.

"Arey yaar." Saad blushed looking away.

"Kitni overacting karty thy na tum." She pushed his shoulder.

"Mat bhooliye apna mujhe kitna sataya hai." He responded.

"Haan but jitna tumne sataya usse toh kaafi kam." She said before she could even realise. His fell at her comment. "Saad I'm sorry i didn't...-" He shook his interrupting her.

"It's okay. Mujhe farak nahi padta tum kuch bhi bolo as long as you're here with me. As long as you're mine." He said putting her hair behind her ear.

"I am yours, Saad. I've always been." Falak replied. He gazed in her eyes intently making her nervous. She broke eye contact and moved, "Chalen? Late horha hai." She stuttered.

"Bilkul chalen." He smirked at her blushing state.

And it begins...