12 💟

Jen Mariyam and Haris exited the car as Saad parked the car in the college parking. Haris opened the door Falak and she got out thanking him. Saad joined them as they all proceeded towards the auditorium, where the event was being held. Falak spotted Hadi and Sadia standing outside the auditorium. They all went in together, it was beautifully decorated, the  place was dimly lit with neon lights giving it a fully party vibe. The dj was playing a soft bop which had Haris vibing already. He was so ready to dance the night away.

As fun it seemed, Falak wanted to leave already. The place was packed, there were too many people for her liking. Pushing those thoughts aside, she held Jen's hand tightly. Jen squeezed her hand in reassurance. Falak started inspecting her surroundings, she noticed some familiar faces in the crowd dancing in the middle. A few seconds later her eyes landed on Saad, who was looking insanely handsome in his formal black shirt and pants. He had removed his blazer as soon as they entered the auditorium since it was hot inside.
'hes hot, i mean... its hot. itne log bhi toh hain yahan. Falak for fucks sake shut up....ye kya soch rhi hai....shhh brain calm down. it's just Saad and he's not hot. At all.'

Her chain of thoughts was broken by Jen pulling her in middle of the auditorium. Jen swayed her to the beat.

"Kya soch rhi hai?" Jen asked her best friend.

"Yehi ke hum ghar kab jaengy." She laughed.

"Abhi toh aaye hain, enjoy karna." Jen giggled twirling her unnecessarily.

The song changed to an upbeat one as the crowd started to gather. Haris and Mariyam joined the two and the four of them jumped around dancing on the beat. Falak started enjoying herself with her friends. She smiled to herself when she noticed Hadi and Sadia weren't dancing but were indulged in what seemed like a fun conversation. Saad was nowhere to be found and in all honesty Falak didn't care in that moment.

Whatever resistance Falak had in her flew out of the window when 'Chaiyya Chaiyya' started playing. Jen and her completely lost themselves in that banger. The duo was having the time of their life during that song.

"I didn't know you could dance like that." Jen said as the song ended.

"There's a lot you don't know..." Falak winked at her best friend. All of a sudden Saad appeared beside the two. "Oh, kidhar chale gye thy tum Saad?" She asked as she noticed him.

"Idhar hi school friends ke sath." He replied. She nodded and didn't say anything further. Before he could say anything further Hadi tapped Falak's shoulder. She turned around to see him.

"Hadi sahabb...." She sang. "Iss Naa chiz ko kaise yaad kiya apne?" Hadi rolled his eyes and dragged her away from Saad. "Kya hua Hadi you're scaring me. Is everything okay??" She asked seriously.

"I'm going to ask her out, now. Hype me up." Hadi told her.

"Pehly tum bolo Fifi you're the best, tumhare bina mera kya hota aur aaj me jo kuch bhi hoon tumhari wajah se hoon." Hadi gave her a 'are you serious?' look at her last sentence. She gave him a 'duh' look and continued, "and you have to agree, the bike wasn't a fail." She jumped excitedly.

"Han, I definitely agree that was a fantastic idea." He replied.  She crossed her arms around her chest and narrowed her eyes at him indicating 'you only have ten seconds to say what I've told you to say.' So he added, "also Fifi you're best, tumhare bina mera kya hi hota. Aj me jahan hoon sirf tumhari wajah se hu."

"Good. Now. Hadi you've got this. You can do it and I'm 100% sure you'll get a positive response but, even if you don't, mai idhar hi hu I'll get you ice cream, tissues and a new girl to simp on. Okay Hadi darling?" She joked patting his shoulder.