2 🐚

Fareed Khan has two children with his wife Shagufta Khan. Ali Khan who turned twenty nine a few months back and Aliya Khan who is twenty two by age but is a five years old at heart. Being her father's only daughter and her brother's only sister, she's treated like a princess, because for them, she just a princess. Whatever she wants is given to her in a silver platter. However, this absolutely does not mean that she's a brat. She knows her boundaries, she's never asked for unreasonable things. All of her requests were reasonable and that made her family proud of her and respect her as a person.

Her brother and father spoiled her to no extent so her mother took on the role of the voice of rationality. She reprimanded Aliya on her wrongs, not that it happened often, but she loved her immensely and secretly spoiled her as well.

Aliya is a cheerful girl who loves nature, she finds peace basking in the cool breeze in the morning or taking in the fragrance of flowers around.
She often wakes up early just to catch the sunrise as the sunrays spread orangish hue all over the horizon.

She's a loving girl and basically loves everything and everyone. She doesn't specifically dislike anything, she often tries to see the good in every bad. But if there's something or rather someone she dislikes, borderline hates, that has to be Shams Siddiqui.

Shams is a twenty five years old simple man, a man of few words. To him everything is bothersome and he hates loud things, his likes completely contradict what Aliya is, and stands for. He doesn't see the point of trying to make changes in his routine just to experience such petty things.

They're polar opposites, so how come they know each other.

Dua Siddiqui, Shams' elder sister. A beautiful and caring, twenty seven year old is engaged to Ali Khan. Quoting Shams "I barely tolerate Aliya only for my sister's sake. Since she's Ali bhai's sister and Api's soon to be sister-in-law."

The two never got along. Aliya is your typical desi girl who loves, chudiyan, jhumke, gajre and anarkali dresses while Shams preferred girls who were modern and wore western outfits. He always felt the need to comment how she is always overdressed. Aliya never paid heed to his words she knew he did that to irk her so she never gave the satisfaction. She would just give it clap back saying how he has no fashion sense and is incapable of putting a proper outfit together.

The back and forth banter is light-hearted and happens very often. So often that the adults have completely given up on the two and would immediately leave the room if they started with their bickering.

Dua once joked that the two act like an old married couple and would end up together soon to which Shams hit her with a pillow and Aliya almost cried and ask Dua how could she even wish such bad luck on her.

~~~~

After her encounter with Ali and Shams at the mall, Aliya decided not to go home. After all she had told her mother that she's going to college. Who is she even kidding her mother knows she didn't go to college, she decided it's no point in stalling so she headed back home.

"Classes jaldi khatam hogyi?" Her mother asked mischievously as she entered the house.

"Class to lagegi sham me." She mumbled under her breath.

"Kuch kaha?" Shagufta asked.

"Nahi toh." She shrugged. "Mai apne room me jarhi hoon."

Aliya jumped face first on her bed and screamed in her pillow.

"Stupid stupid stupid Aliya." She hit the pillow. "Kya hi padhi thi mujhe bhai ko range hato pakadne ki." She sighed. "aur wo Shams ka baccha, mann to kar rha tha uska muh table py mar du..Tum meri PA ho huh?" She gritted her teeth mocking his voice. "He wishes." She huffed.

Her rambling was cut off by her phone ringing, it was her best friend, Mahira. She immediately answered the call.

"Tum aj college kyu nahi aayi?" Mahira asked as soon as Aliya picked up.

"Woke up late." She replied a little gloomily.

"Okayy...aur tumhe abhi kya hua hai?" Mahira asked and Aliya let out a long breath.

"Meri zindagi ka azaab wapas agaya hai." She exaggerated. "Itne sukoon me do saal kahan nikal gaye pata hi nahi chala." Mahira let out a loud laugh at her words.

"Shams agaya?" She asked chuckling.

"Haan and M it's not funny stop laughing."

"I don't see why it's not."

"It's because ab wo yahan permanently agaya hai. Bhai ki shadi ke baad wo yaha aata jata rhega na apni behen se milne. Har event me mujhe uska wo brooding face dekhna padega."

"You're making a big deal out of it." Mahira said simply.

"I'm not tumhe pata hai aaj kya hua??" She narrated the whole story to her best friend and the latter couldn't stop laughing at her friend's misfortune.

"Tumhe kehta kon hai aisi harkate karne ko. Dua api Ali bhai ki fiancee hai, what's wrong if they meet up? Tumhe kyu unhe range hatho pakadna tha." She laughed.

" Bhai mujhe tang krrhe thy toh bas yunhii....." Aliya trailed off.

"ALIYA." Shagufta yelled from down the stairs.

"Alright mujhe ammi bula rahi hain, I'll talk to you later M."

"Alright bye."

She rushed down the stairs to see her brother had come back home. But he's not alone, he brought her worst enemy along with him. Why? She wasn't sure. Did she want to find out? Absolutely not. She turned around to ascend the stairs when her mother called out.

"Wapas upar kahan jarhi ho? Aao humare sath lunch karo. Shams bhi aya hai." Shagufta said.

"Wo to mujhe dikh hi raha hai." She glared at the aforementioned man, who was seated on the sofa in her living room. Shagufta explained how Ali was with Shams since morning and invited him to have lunch with them.

Fareed Khan took his usual seat the head of table and Shagufta was on his right, and Aliya to next her mother. Ali took his seat on his father's left and Shams was beside him. Making it as Aliya and Shams were infront of each other. The five of them dug in as conversation flowed through.

"Aur beta kab aaye tum?" Fareed asked.

Two years ago, Shams went to London for his master's degree in business.

"Bas Uncle kal shaam hi." Shams replied with a smile.

"Arey wah iske ghar wale is se abhi hi pareshan hogye aur abhi ise yahan aye hue 24 ghante bhi nahi hue hai." Aliya mumbled lowly but was still audible to the whole table.

Ali kicked his sister under the table and she looked at him. He glared at her and motioned her to behave. She shrugged in response.

She knew she was gonna get scolded for the stunt she pulled earlier so she decided why not make the scolding worth it.

A/n: idek what this is. I've got a hugee writer's block.but i can't leave y'all hanging so at this point I'm just winging it. I hope you all liked it.❤️
Also it's unedited.