16 💟

A/n: since i broke y'alls heart's, updating another chapter as an apology. I'm sorry for what i did to Haris but i had to. It broke my heart too. 😭

Falak stirred as she woke up from her slumber. She didn't remember anything for a while but all of it came rushing to her as she noticed the white walls of the hospital.

"Haris..." She choked out. This grabbed the attention of the people in the room. It was Saad, Jen, Hadi and her mother. Her mother and Jen rushed to her sides as she started to cry. Her mother pulled her in her embrace. "Mama Haris, wo chala gaya." She sobbed. "Usne mujhse wada kiya tha he'd always be my side. Mera best friend chala gaya mama." She cried. "Use wapas lekr aaen, kuch toh karen." She begged her mother.

Her screams were unbearable to hear. Hadi, Saad and Jennifer were grieving too but Falak felt things too much. She was too sensitive for her own good. The trio couldn't help but let out a few tears at their friend's misery and the loss of other. Jen couldn't bear the scene in front of her and left the room crying. Hadi went after her.

"Beta sabr karo, Falak. Ye Allah ke maamle hain, we can't do anything." Her mother consoled her. Something inside Falak clicked, she quickly moved to get out of the hospital bed. Saad blocked her way and made her sit on the bed again.

"Saad hato Haris bula raha hai. Humara Harry bula raha hai Saad hato.." She screamed at him. "Mujhe uske paas jana hai."

"Falak hosh me aao. He's gone. You can't do anything about it." Saad shook her lightly. "Falak sab theek hojaega. Sabr karo Fifi." He said calmly.

Falak's subconscious mind succumbed to Saad. She listened to him telling her it'll get better. She sniffled softly and nodded her head. Her mother also noticed it.

"Auntie ap please iske pass ruken main doctor ko bula kar lata hoon." Saad told her mother and left.

Falak's mother understood there's something different about Saad and Falak's friendship but decided not to comment on it. This wasn't the correct time. A few minutes later Saad came back with the doctor, after checking Falak he informed that she can be taken home but needs to rest and not stress too much.

After being discharged from the hospital Falak demanded that they go straight to Haris' house. Her mother thought it wasn't a good idea for Falak to go there since not completely stable. Falak was having none of it so Saad somehow convinced her that she should at least go back home and change her clothes before going there.

Saad brought Falak and Jen to Haris' house while Sadia and Mariyam came with Hadi. There were a lot of people there to pay their condolences. The group saw Haris' mother and went ahead to pay their condolences. After Haris' funeral, the six of them parted ways. Saad told Jen to stay over at Falak's since he didn't want her to be alone considering the today's events. Jen didn't need much convincing as she didn't want to be grieving alone either, and more importantly she was worried about her best friend.

The duo hadn't eaten anything since late afternoon and Falak's mother decided it would be better to bring food to Falak's room rather than calling them down. The two of them were sitting in complete silence, not daring to utter a word.

"Tum dono ke bhooke rehne se kya wo wapas ajaega?" Her mother asked as she forced the two girls to eat. After alot of convincing the duo ate a little. "Sabr karo mere baccho. Sab theek hojaega." Falak's mother said before leaving the room.

"Sab khatam hogaya." Falak broke the silence after what felt like an eternity. Jen looked at her best friend in confusion. "Sab jhoote sab dhokebaaz." Jen didn't know what Falak was blabbering about. "Usne kaha tha ke chahe kuch bhi hojae wo mere saath rhega. No matter what the answer be he'll be here supporting me. And he's not here. Usne wada khilafi ki hai mujhse." Falak sobbed pulling her knees to her chest.

Jen didn't understand what was she talking about but she pulled her friend in her embrace. Crying along with her.

"I told him I loved him. Ye sila diya usne. Usi din mujhe chor ke chala gaya? Kya mere saath yahi hona tha ke jisse mai pyaar karu wo mujhe chor de? Pehly Saad aur ab Haris?" She wanted answers.

"Saad?" Jen was confused.

"Kya meri mohabbat ne use humse cheen liya? Kya meri mohabbat me badnaseebi use humse dur le gayi?" She cried. "mujhe kisi se mohabbat hi nahi karni chaiye. Tum bhi jao yahan se warna tumhare sath bhi kuch aisa na ho jae." Falak pushed her away but Jen hugged her friend tighter.

After umpteenth attempt of Jen, Falak finally calmed enough to let her fill in with what happened. Jen felt her heart breaking for her friend.

"Falak. Honey. Apne aap ko time do. Iss sab me tumhari koi galti nahi hai. Ye sab to God ke kaam hai na. Please apne aap ko blame mat kar meri jaan. Waqt ke saath sab theek ho jaega. Harry..." Jen felt her throat tighten mentioning his name. "Harry ki life itni hi thi. You should be happy that you got to tell him that he was special to you. Bohot kam log hote hain jo apne pyaaro ko bata pae ke wo unke liye kitne ahem hain."

"Thank you Jen. I don't know what I would've done without you." Falak hugged her friend.

"I'm always here for you Fifi. Now try to get some sleep yeah?"

One month later

It didn't get easier like everyone said it would. Falak stayed in her room for days after Haris' demise. Jen wasn't her usual bubbly self either. Though it was hard for all of them, it took a toll Jen and Falak. They were his closest friends. His first friends and he was theirs. Hadi, Sadia and Mariyam frequently checked in on them but that was it. They weren't allowing themselves to heal. College resumed after a while but they stopped attending altogether.

It had been exactly one month since Haris' death and Falak was restless. She hoped that this would be nightmare and she'd wake up soon. But this nightmare nowhere near coming to an end. In her frustration, she grabbed her car keys and left the house. She just told her mother she's leaving but didn't answer when her mother asked where she was going.

It had been 3 hours since Falak had left home. The sun was almost setting and she hadn't gotten home. Her mother grew tensed as time passed. She called her Falak's older sister to ask if Falak had come to her but she told her no.

She even called Jen to ask if she was with her but she wasn't. Jen told her she'd ask their friends and let her know. She called Sadia, Mariyam, Hadi but they didn't have any idea. Jen had stopped talking to Saad ever since she got to know what went down between him and Falak but she even called him too.

"What do you mean ghar par nahi hai? Kaha gayi woh? Aise kaise bina batae chali gyi.?" Saad questioned.

"Zyada fikar jatane ki zarurat nahi hai, mujhe pata hai tumhe kitni fikar hai uski. Agar tumhare sath nahi toh mera time zaya mat karo." Jen snapped bitterly.

"Nahi hai mere sath. But agar tumhe uska pata chale to call me. Please Jen."

"If i were you, I wouldn't wait for a call." Jen said and hung up.

Saad sighed at Jen's behaviour. He knew she had every right to be upset with him. But what can he do if he never fell for Falak. It was not like he was in control of his emotions.

'falak where are you? i hope she's okay. kaha chali gayi tum fifi.'

Falak was all that he could think about and then something clicked in his mind.

'arey haaan i know where she is. please wait for me fifi.'