7 🦋

Everyone was seated in the dining room as instructed by dadi jaan. She told her sons to come home earlier from work, and everyone to be present during dinner as she had some important business to discuss with them.

Dadi Jaan was sitting on the head of the table, Aslam and Sameena on her right then Azam and Samiya, then Zainab then Junaid and Furqaan. On the left sat Abbas and Ateeqa, next to them sat Fareha and Zahid then Sana, Ayesha and Seher, while Arsalan sat on the other end of the table.

"Kya hua ammi jaan sab kheriyat?" Zahid asked.

"Haan beta kheriyat hai."

"To firr aj sabko jaldi kyu bula liya apne?"

"Bata rahi hun na sabr to rakho." She looked at her second oldest son and spoke, "Abbas miyan."

"Ji ammi jaan." He replied.

"Beta mujhe Seher ke liye ek ladka pasnd aya hai." She said.

The girls started giggling and teasing the said girl who hid her face and started blushing and the boys had their whole attention on dadi jaan's words. They all were very attentive when it came to their not so little sister, even Junaid. Although he fought with her all the time, he loved and cared for her dearly.

"Rubina ka aj subah phone aya tha. Use Seher pasand aagyi apne bete ke liye, Azam ki shadi mein." She said referring to her cousin's daughter.

Furqaan and Seher's face fell at dadi jaan's words. They both looked at each other asking if they knew where this is going.

Dadi jaan didn't mention any of this to me.

Seher thought.

But Dadi jaan rejected the offer right infront of me.

Furqaan thought.

"Haan wo ladka bohot acha hai, Masha Allah." Abbas said.

"Lekin ammi jaan, wo abhi padh rahi hai." Aslam said.

"Haan beta mujhe maloom hai." Dadi jaan replied.

SEHER stood up and walked out of the room. She didn't want to listen any of this anymore. That didn't go unnoticed by dadi jaan. She went to her room and felt herself tearing up.

Meanwhile downstairs, everyone thought she left because she was feeling shy because of her marriage discussion, which was far from the reality. Furqaan looked to where she went but he didn't go behind her.

"Lekin maine mana kardiya." Dadi jaan said making Furqaan look at her.

"Ammi jaan humare kuch samajh nahi arha, abhi to keh rahi thi ladka pasand aagay aur ab ap keh rahi hain mana kardiya." Ateeqa stated her confusion.

"Maina mana kardiya, lekin mera farz tha tumhe batana, akhir kaar ko maa baap ho tum uske, akhri faisla tumhara hi hoga."

"Nahi ammi jaan, apne mana kardiya to agar ladka shehzada bhi hota to bhi hum nahi karte apni beti ki shaadi usse." Ateeqa said.

"Ye tumhari mohbbat hai beta."

"Ammi jaan to apko kon pasand aya hai?" Abbas asked.

"Furqaan." Dadi jaan simply replied.

Azam, Zainab, Arsalan and Junaid choked on their food as soon as the name left dadi jaan's mouth.