10 💟

Thursday arrived in a blink of an eye. Falak rolled out of bed lazily as around 1pm. The group decided to skip college that day so she slept in peacefully. She then removed her phone from charge and checked the notifications. There weren't messages since they already decided everything beforehand. The girls would be coming over to Falak's so she can drive them to Saad and Hadi's house before. Haris would directly meet them there. After Falak got done with her morning routine and got ready she waited for her friends.

At around 2:45pm Jennifer called Falak to inform they've almost reached her house. She tried inviting them inside but they left it for some other day. She bid goodbye to her mother. She grabbed her car keys and rushed out of the house. Jen informed that she'd have to leave early so she would be taking her car as well. She'll just follow Falak to their destination.

"Atleast let me borrow a passenger, or I'll get bored to death." Falak joked. Sadia volunteered herself to ride with Falak. The duo got settled in and then Falak started driving.

"Toh kaisa lagrha hai apko pehli baar sasural jarhi hain." Falak teased her friend.

"Fazool baate mat karo." Sadia tried acting intimidating but failed miserably as she started to blush.

"Fazool baatein?" Falak gasped. "Humari language me ise manifestation kehte hai." She shrugged.

"I could say the same to you." Sadia chuckled.

"Tum yehi dialogue kitni bar bologi?" Falak grinned remembering she's said this before.

"Baat mat badlo. Tumhara bhi to sasural ho sakta hai."

"Tumhara bhi haan. Matlab you agree ke tumhara hai?" Falak laughed, stopping at the red light. Sadia glared at her to which she replied, "nahi tum fikar nahi Karo I won't steal your Hadi." She continued to laugh.

"Tum mujhe apni dost nhi samjhti? Dekho maine tumse kitni khul kar baat kari but tum chupa rahi ho." Sadia pouted.

"Nahi yaar aisa bilkul bhi kuch nahi hai, mai ye baat Mariyam aur Jen ko hazar baar smjha chuki hoon.I don't like Saad. We're just friends." She started driving once the light turned green.

"Maine Saad ka naam toh liya hi nahi." Sadia smirked.

"I see what you're trying to do but I'm not dumb." Falak stated keeping her hand steadily on the steering wheel. "First of all Hadi is like a brother, secondly he's my soon to be jiju which leaves Saad obviously. Toh mai uske context me hi jawab dungi na."

"Ye to mujhe bohot ache se pata hai you're not dumb." Sadia replied with a mischievous smile. Falak slowed the car infront of a large two story house. "Hum iss bare me baad me baat karengy."

"We're here aur hum iss baare me kabhi baat nahi krengy." Falak checked to see if Jen got here with her which she did. "Can you call Hadi to tell him we're here?" She asked the girl in her passenger's seat.

"I don't have his number." The girl replied.

"Here take my phone, please do it. I have to park." Falak said handing her phone to her friend. Falak pulled up in the driveway of Agha household as Sadia called Hadi. He answered after two rings.

"Hello Fifi.." He voiced out.

"Hello Hadi." Sadia said meekly. "Main Sadia."

"Oh...ji bolen?" He asked softly.

"Humlog pohoch gaye hain, Falak kehrhi hai ap bahar ajaen." She almost stuttered.

"Ji aarha hoon." He said. She hung up the phone and Falak was done parking. The two got out of the car and Jen and Mariyam did the same. Hadi appeared infront of them and greeted them. The five of them walked inside the house.

"Saad aur Haris upar hi hain, Saad ke room me." Hadi informed leading them upstairs.

For some unknown reason Falak got nervous going up.
'what the hell? no no it's okay. just a friend's house. no big deal. deep breaths..all of this Saad talk from everyone has gotten in my head. oh for god's sake relax.'

They reached Saad's room and Hadi announced their arrival. They all greeted each other, food was ordered and they soon fell into conversation with each other.

"Saad beteyy, chalo jaldi se kaam py lag jao. We don't have time to waste. Kal submission karna hai." Jen commanded.

"Haa meri maa, batao kya karna hai." He asked Jen.

Jen guided him about what to do. She informed him she's made all notes and he just has to write them down. While she was instructing him, Haris suggested playing Uno. Hadi bought the cards they started playing. Saad sat on his desk copying notes from his laptop while they all were hollering in the background, Jen also joined them later. After a few rounds of Uno, Falak decided to check on Saad. She threw her cards on the bed and creeped up behind Saad.

"You have a surprisingly good handwriting." She commented.

"Thank you."

"Thak gye?" She asked.

"Thoda sa."

"You know you don't have to do this. Hum khud karlete."

"Thoda sa hi bacha hai. Waise bhi i promised Jen I'd do it." He replied looking at her.

"Wo to usne aise hi boldiya tha Saad. She's protective over me." She smiled looking at her best friend who was busy winning.

"Mai ise apni saza samjh leta hoon, tumne to waise hi maaf krdia tha."

"Choro yaar purani baato ko, saza waza ki baat mat kro. Aur waise bhi you bought me flowers. They were beautiful." She smiled.

"Waise tumhe yellow roses kyu pasand hai? I mean yellow specifically? Everyone loves Red roses." He asked curiously.

"Red roses are overrated. Yellow roses bring me calmness. Yellow is bright and beautiful. I don't know, it just makes me happy."

"That's quite the thought." Saad replied.

"I know. Chalo tum ab ye choro mai ise ghar py complete kar lungi. Let's join them."

"Arey mai ye kar lunga tum jao."

Suddenly she leaned a little closer to him looking at his face.

"Ek secret btaun?" She asked playfully. He nodded gulping. "Jen tumhe pareshan kar rhi hai. It's not a written assignment. The ppt you're copying from is the actual assignment which she completed last night only." She whispered in his ear which caused a shiver run down his body. She moved away from him, laughing a little.

"JENNN yaar what the hell." Saad yelled miserably.

"Kya hogaya?" Haris asked. Saad filled them in with Jen's prank.

Jen started laughing and Saad threw a pillow at her. "Bohot buri ho tum." She threw the pillow back which hit him square in the face.

"Good one, Jen" Hadi high fived Jen.

"Chalo don't be a crybaby. I saved you didn't I?" Falak said stopping Saad from throwing the pillow again.

"Kitni sincerity se bechara likh raha tha. I appreciate it Saad." Sadia said looking at him.

"Chalo koi toh dost hai mera yahan." He said dropping on a bean bag.

"Haan haan mazloom." Haris laughed. "Bhai ko dhoka diya tha na bohot acha huaa."

Falak took a seat beside Jen who fed her pizza. She smiled watching her friends bicker back and forth like literal kids. Her eyes lingered on Saad for a little longer than they should have. He felt her gaze on him and looked at her, sending a heartwarming smile.

'wait what? heartwarming?'

a/n: woahh two chapters in the same day? Well that's because i love you people alot.