19 💟

A/n: phew. It took me so much effort to join the story to the one shot. There might be teeny tiny plot holes in this chapter since i never planned a story while writing that one shot but i tried my best.

After leaving Saad in the cafe Falak didn't go home. She went to her safe place. Over the years many things changed but her love for that hill never changed. She got out of her car and let the soft breeze caress her cheeks. She was so overwhelmed with her emotions that she felt numb.

'for so long i wanted to hear those words from Saad. and I'm not going to lie it felt like a dream when he said that. but i've come too far. it's too late. is loving each other enough reason to be together? I don't think i'm ready to dive right back into what i've come out of. sab itna mushkil kyun hai? ye to shayad dunya ka sabse bada jhoot hai ke waqt sab theek kardeta hai. 4 saal kafi nahi hote kya? ya shayd mere liye kuch theek hona hi nahi hai.'

Falak unlocked her phone and browsed through her contacts. She tapped on Saad's contact and her thumbed hovered above the unblock option. She didn't think twice before tapping on it. She had unblocked him.

'ab jo hoga dekha jaega. waise bhi konsa meri marzi se chal rhi hai meri life.'

She chuckled bitterly and went back home.

Falak was doing last minutes check-ups a day before her flight when her phone rang. To her surprise it was Saad. 

"Wow." Saad breathed out as she answered. "mai to kismat aazma raha hai tha I never thought you'd unblock me."

"Why'd you call?" She asked cutting the chase.

"Kya hum mil sakte hain?"

"Nahi."

"Falak please. Tum kal jaa rhi ho, I want to meet you before you go." He almost begged.

As much as she wanted to deny, she couldn't. So that's what brought them here.

The sky was ablaze with the fire of the setting sun. The same fire that burnt the two hearts that yearn for each each other as they gazed towards the horizon. The sense of longing lingered in the cool breeze that made shivers run along the two lovers' bodies.

"You're leaving for real?" Saad asked as he sat beside Falak on the park bench.

"I have to." He voice wavered as she wiped her own tears.

"But you said you'd wait for me, you said you love me." Saad held his tears back. "I love you." He emphasized on the word 'I' .

"I did wait Saad, and I never said I don't love you, because I do, I always will. I'm not doubting your love for me either. It's just too late." Falak sniffed.

"Sweetheart," Saad kneeled infront of her, taking her hands in his own, " baby, look at me please." He begged. "I know I haven't exactly been nice to you, hell I know took you for granted but please, please just don't leave me. If you don't wanna be with me just yet I'll wait like you did, I promise I will, just don't go that far." He broke down infront of her.

"Saad you're making it harder than it is, it took everything in me not to come here today but you know you have me in your hold, I can never say no to you, but this is too much. I realised it was too much on my part and none from yours. I have to go. I love you I've waited 4 years for you. But i need to love me now."

Falak felt her anxiety kicking in, her body started shaking uncontrollably as she tried to regain her breath. Saad noticed. Of course he did, he's the one who's been there to witness all her anxiety attacks. She let out choked sobs, and Saad felt his heart breaking at each gasp and whimper leaving her mouth. His mind drifted back to the time they spent apart and how she would've handled herself without him. He didn't let himself fall deeper in the blackhole of past miseries, he needed to focus on her.

"Falak.. Love, deep breaths, breath with me, look at me, you're doing amazing sweetheart, focus on my voice." She did what he said, she focused on his voice and pulled herself back, her sobs died but her body was still shaking. Saad held close to himself as she rested her forehead in his shoulder. She removed herself from his embrace and cupped his cheek with her hand, wiping a stray tear from his face.

"See, this is why I have to leave Saad. I'm too much invested in you. Last time you left I almost ended up dead. I was too emotionally dependent on you. It was either you or medication and i can't live like this anymore." She wiped her own tears as she stood up.

The sun had fully set, making the sky look like dark abyss except the full moon shone brightly, illuminating both of their tear streaked faces.

"This is not a goodbye, I'll come back I promise. I don't know how long it'll take but I'll surely come back for you. You don't have to wait for me though, I won't hold it against you if you want to move on with you life and-"

"I've had enough of a lifetime without you Falak. There's nothing more I regret than leaving you. It kills me to say to this but I'm willing to let you go right now if you promise to come to me and only me. I love you. I always have, even when I was too proud to admit it."

"It may not seem like it but this is in the best favours for the both of us." Falak smiled. "You might change your mind in the meantime."

"I'd rather die." Saad shrugged.

"Yeah you say that again I'll kill you myself." Falak huffed crossing her arms, clearly showing her displeasure at his words.

"I'm sorry. I didn't realise I said tha-" Saad started but Falak interrupted him.

"It's okay Saad. But i have to go now. I'll see you soon?" She said giving him a sad smile.

"Yeah." He nodded begrudgingly.

She started walking towards the exit of the park when he called out for her,

"I love you Falak." He yelled after her. She turned to him for a split second and then turned back around walking out of the park, and his life.

They both loved it each other, but time wasn't in their favour. He was young and immature. His heart shattered everytime he saw her cry, back then he didn't realise why, now he did. She was impulsive. She loved too much and felt too much. Their dynamic was one a kind. They fell, at different times but with the same intensity. But they should've known better. For time wasn't in their favour, still isn't and will never be.

This isn't a goodbye, but my love, it is.

A/n: and that's the end of 'ishq tumse'.

Now before y'all kill me virtually 💀 I've decided to make a sequel for this series. I always end my stories within 15-20 chapters and this is getting too long. And i think we all deserve some good Saad and Falak moments so yeah. Sequel soon.