2 🍄

Falak stood still as she heard his voice. She turned around to face him but to her suprise that call wasn't directed towards her. A few shelves away she spotted Saad, kneeling beside a little girl, who seemed to be around 3-4 years of age. He moved on. She smiled bitterly to herself. Does she blame him? No. But just because she has no right to be upset doesn't mean she isn't.

"Falak maine kitne baar kaha hai aise haath chura ke nahi bhaagte." Saad softly scolded the little girl. Why would he name his daughter after me?

"But I saw Harry Potter." She pouted at him.

"Don't you already have a book set at home?" He asked the little Falak.

"Haan but wo toh mama ka hai na. Mujhe apna khud ka chaiye." She whined.

"Padhna to tumhe aata nahi hai dhang se. Aur khud ka book set chahiye." Saad said to the little girl and she scrunched her nose. "Bas baba ka kharcha karwana hai."

"Excuse me." The little girl crossed her arms across her chest. "mujhe bohot acche se padhna aata hai."

Falak chuckled at the little girl's antics. She reminded her of her own self. She paused and thought, is this what it means when they say 'naam ka asar padhta hai?'

"Haan haan pata hai mujhe kitna aata hai." Saad laughed. He picked her in his arms and stood up. He was stunned as he turned around. "FIFI?" He asked in disbelief.

"Yes?" Little Falak answered.

Saad put the little girl down and held her hand in his. He slowly walked towards Falak, praying that this wasn't a dream or he wasn't hallucinating like he did a few times before.

"Falak Zaidi?" He asked still unsure. She nodded her head confirming it's her.

"Saad." She spoke softly. Hearing her after so long was surreal. He was so happy, he could burst. She cleared her throat and spoke again. "Kaise ho?"

"Good." He replied not knowing what to say. "How are you? Kab ayi wapas?"

"I'm good too. Bas kal hi." The little girl kept tugging on Saad's hand but he wasn't paying attention to her.

"Tumhari beti bohot cute hai." She said ignoring the way her heart squeezed when said 'tumhari beti'.

"Meri beti?" He snapped out of whatever daze he was in. She nodded in the little girl's direction. "Ye meri nahi Hadi ki beti hai." He said quickly.

For some unknown reason falak's heart felt at ease but her jaw was on the floor. She gaped like a fish in water.

"Hadi? As in Hadi Agha? Ki beti?" She said in between pauses.

"Ji haan. Ye Hadi aur Sadia ki beti hai, Falak." Saad informed her. Falak immediately bent to little Falak's level and hugged her.

"Oh my God. Tum kitni cute ho." She kissed both her cheeks. Falak felt immense love for that little girl in her arms. Looking at her made her miss her friends. "Hii I'm Falak." She introduced herself.

"Hello I'm Falak Agha." The little said. Saad felt his heart skip a beat that name.

How she wished he could make His Falak, Falak Saad Agha.

"Chachu ye kon hain?" Falak jr asked.

"Mai apki khala aur phuppo dono hoon." Falak smiled.

'aur hopefully apki chachi bhi' Saad thought to himself.

"Ye mama baba aur chachu ki sabse achi friend hai." Saad told the little girl seeing her confused face.

"I can't believe they're married and more so have a child together. I'm so happy for them." Falak thought out loud. "maine kaha tha na they're endgame."

"True that." He agreed. "How's Jen? Married or what?" Saad asked not wanting the conversation to end.

"She's good. She's engaged." She replied.

"To Joseph?" Saad asked. "You used to curse him alot." He laughed. Falak was surprised he still remembered him.

"No not him. He was a b....- nevermind." She stopped remembering a child's presence. "But I'm happy she found someone way better than him."

"That's good." Saad paused for a second, mustering up all his courage he asked, "what about you? Someone special?"

"Never been lucky in that department." She chuckled bitterly. "So no." He nodded his head at her answer.

"Chachuu chalooo. I'm hungryy." All of a sudden little Falak whined. Falak laughed at her cuteness.

"I've to go but can I get your number? I'd love to stay in contact."

"Sure." The two exchanged numbers went separate ways.

Falak continued browsing through the books, and a few minutes later went to check out when Jen came back.

"It's my first day back and tune mujhe dhoka dediya." Falak taunted Jen. "David ji itne zaruri jo hogaye hain, saalon purani dost se bhi zyada" Falak laughed at her own statement.

"Sorry yaar. If I'm being honest mujhe yaad hi nahi tha tu mere sath aayi hai." Jen confessed as they duo got out of the store.

"Haaww sharam tak nhi arhi bolte hue." Falak gasped acting offended.

"Yaar 5 saalon se akele hi aarhi hoon toh it slipped my mind." Jen snickered.

"Jen ki bacchi maine zara lehaaz nahi karna hai public ka. Yahin juta utar lena hai."

"Maa se aise baat krty hain?" Jen asked, the duo laughed remembering how Falak used to call her mom back in college.

"Idhar aaiye mata ji apko bataun main." Falak was in the brightest moods after meeting Saad and knowing he hasn't moved on either.

The two girls enjoyed themselves as no one was watching them. After raiding a few more shops the duo decided to have a snack break. The two settled in the food court placing their bags beside them.

"I met Saad." Falak said out of nowhere making Jen choke on her straw.

"Kya? Kab? kahan? Aur tu ye mujhe ab bata rahi hai?" Jen rambled.

"Bookstore me. Jab aap Mr.David se baten krne me kho gayi thi." Falak smirked. Jen threw a fry at her.

"Bakwas nahi kar jaldi bata kya baat hui?" Falak recapped the whole interaction to Jen. "Hadi aur Sadia ki beti? For real?" Jen was also shocked.

"Mera shock hona banta hai mai to country me hi nahi thi. Tujhe kyun nahi pata thi ye baat?"

"I stopped being friends with them way back if you don't remember. After Harry nothing was the same. Aur fir tu bhi chali gyi toh bas..." Jen trailed off.

"I remember it well Jen, but I thought tujhe atleast pata hota iss sab ka."

"Nahi i removed myself from everything that reminded me of you and Harry." Jen told her. Falak nodded in understanding.

"Tujhe uski yaad hai?" Jen asked.

"Every second. Be it waking or sleeping." Falak replied. "Almost 8 saal ho gaye hain but it hurts just like a fresh wound. Waqt ne saare zakhm bhar diye par ye hai ke bharta hi nahi." Falak sniffed.

"Ye kabhi bharega bhi nahi Fifi. Uski yaad humesha humare saath rahegi. Hum use humesha acchi baaton me yaad karengy." Jen shed a few tears too squeezing Falak's hand on the table.

"Ghar chalen? It's late."

"Yeah."

A/n: unedited.
We're getting happy moments yay
Thank you for your patience and lovely comments ❤️😇