2 💟

It had been a week since Falak befriended Jennifer and Haris. The trio had been bunking their classes in the name of exploring campus. One would be surprised to know that Falak is the one who suggests it all the time. Jennifer, who sometimes wants to attend class and make a good impression on teachers, objects the idea but Haris is always in for Falak's idea. So the three of them often end up in the cafeteria after losing the guards who often check on students if they're not in class.

Falak noticed she felt different around Jennifer and Haris. They weren't like her old friends. They didn't talk over her, they let her speak. Made her feel beautiful not just by words but their actions as well. They didn't let her criticise herself negatively and encouraged her to be confident in herself. She felt happy. All in just a week.

'jo ehsas itne saalo ki dosti me nahi mila wo bas ek hafte me mil gaya. iska matlab mujh me waqai kuch kami nahi thi.' Falak thought to herself.

Like any other day the trio is now sitting on one of the tables present in the cafeteria, arguing about the stupidest thing to ever exist.

"you don't call your friends by their real names. You only do it when they fuck up real bad." 'Harry' told Falak.

"Amen to that." 'Jen' added.

"Okay fine, Harry and Jen. Happy?" Falak accepted her defeat.

"So what's your nickname?" Haris asked.

"I don't have one." Falak shrugged.

"Really? Toh uhmm....." Jen dragged off and then a few seconds clapped her hands. "Fa kaisa rhega?"  She looked at the other two.

"Mai kya tujhe deodrant ki bottle nazar arhi hu?" Falak rolled her eyes making Haris laugh.

"Fifi kaisa?" Haris suggested.

"Mai kya koi dog hoon." Falak huffed and pouted.

"Girlll, first off dogs are cute but you're cuter. And secondly, Fifi is actually really cool. I'm sticking to it." Jen said genuinely.

"Okay, only because you're agreeing to something Harry said." Falak laughed high fiving Haris.

"Toh done hai, Jen, Harry and Fifi the hottest trio of this college." Haris exclaimed.

"Trio? But hot to sirf hum dono hain?" Jen exclaimed pointing to Falak and herself, making Haris hit her playfully to which she pulled his hair. The two play fought for a minute and so while Falak died laughing watching the two trying to 'harm' each other. 

"Acha bas bas." Falak stopped them still laughing. "abe bas kro tum dono. Mujhe kuch puchna hai."

"Maaf kiya. Wo bhi sirf isliye kyuke tu sach me hot hai." Haris winked at Jen.

"Chal chal, kahi aur shokhaa ban." Jen laughed. "Yes my darling sweetheart, kya puchna hai apko." She turned to Falak.

Falak smiled because Jen always called her sweet names to make her feel good about herself. Jen told Fifi she understands that she has a hard time accepting herself which definitely comes from somewhere and after three days of persuasion Falak admitted that her old friends subtly bullied her, covering it up as jokes. So Jen being the angel she is, made it her personal mission to make her best friend feel beautiful and loved.

"How long have you two known each other?" She asked taking a sip of her coke.

"Dean's speech." Haris shrugged.

"Hein?"

"Dean's speech. First day of college." Jen added further. Falak choked on her drink.

"The fuck???" Falak almost yelled. " the way you two behave mujhe laga tum dono koi 15-16 saal se ek dusre ko jante ho."