15 🍂

Maya had been tensed since the moment Ibraheem left with Haya. She had been pacing around the living room in anticipation. Her mind going berserk with endless thoughts in her head. Her thoughts were interrupted when Farzana and Javed came downstairs, followed by Zoya, after hearing the sound of Ibraheem's car. Maya informed them about the incident, how Haya fainted, leaving out the argument.

Farzana and Javed being worried about their daughter in law's state didn't notice Zoya harshly dragging Maya to the patio.

"Spill." Zoya commanded with her arms crossed against her chest.

"Wha...what?" Maya stuttered.

"Kya kiya tumne? Ye koi coincidence nahi hai ke bhabhi hospital me hain aur sabse pehly tumhe pata chala." Zoya said.

"Maine kuch nahi kiya Kasam se, wo apne aap hi gir gayin." Maya heaved out.

"Maya mere sabr ka imtehaan mat lo, sidhe sidhe bataogi ya sabke samne leja kar puchoon?"

"Wo...wo shayad unhe pata chal gaya hai sab.....humari behes ho rahi thi aur wo ekdam se behosh hogyin." Maya explained.

"Haan unhe pata hai. Aur ab jo hoga wo tumhare liye to bilkul bhi behtar nahi hoga. Maine tumhe pehly hi warn kiya tha." Zoya said and left.

She tried calling her brother but he didn't answer. Her parents also tried but Ibraheem didn't answer any of their calls. They all waited patiently for any news. A few hours later Ibraheem came back looking like a wreck. His hair all messed up, eyes bloodshot red and his left hand bleeding. He didn't say anything to anyone and walked straight past everyone. His parents called out to him but he didn't stop.

"Ibraheem." Javed's voice boomed. "Haya kahan hai? Is she alright? What happened?" He bombarded him with questions.

"She's at her mother's house. And She's fine, just fainted due to weakness." He said and walked away without back.

Zoya rushed to her brother's room and heard crashing sounds from inside. She opened the door and saw her brother tarnishing the whole place. He broke everything that came to sight.

"Bhai." Zoya called out.

"Zoya, get out." He told her lowly.

"Bhai I know what is going on, you need to calm down."

"You don't know anything, I said get the hell out of my room." He yelled.

"Bhai, please baat to suniye. Apke haath se khoon arha hai. Let me treat it." She approached him warily.

She made him sit on the bed and brought the first aid kit. She cleaned his wound and wrapped the bandage around his hand. The two of them sat in complete silence. The silence was broken by Ibraheem speaking,

"Do you really know?"

"Yes."

"Since when?"

"Even before your marriage."

"Mujhe bataya kyu nahi?"

"Usne wada kiya tha ke wo kuch nhi karegi. Maine bohot socha, I thought maybe she'll get over it and keep her promise. After all she's a part of our family." Zoya explained. "Bhai I'm so sorry, mujhe apko bata dena chaiye tha agar mai...-" Ibraheem interrupted her.

"I wouldn't have believed you. Like I didn't believe my wife. I would've never believed that the girl who was supposed to be my sister, could be so manipulative and cunning." Her looked at his hands. "I let Haya slip right through my hands. It's no one's fault but mine."

Zoya couldn't help but feel sympathy for her brother. She wished she could help him in any way.

"How is she?"