8 🍄

Today is little Falak's birthday. Jen and Falak are already on their way to Agha house. The two felt a little awkward since today they won't only be meeting their friends but their parents' as well. It had been a long time since met. Falak was feeling especially nervous thinking about meeting Saad's parents. She discarded all the negative thoughts from her mind and focused on the road.

They soon arrived at their destination. Sadia wanted them to come a little early since she wanted to take "Jen's class" before the party. Falak and Jen waited after Jen rang the doorbell. Hadi's mother opened the door and invited the two of them inside.

"Assalamualaikum aunty." Falak greeted the older woman.

"Walekumassalam, Falak is that you?" She asked in shock. Falak nodded and Hadi's mother pulled her in a hug. She then noticed Jen behind her. "Oh my my is that Jennifer?"

"Hello aunty." Jen smiled. "yes it's me Jen, your favourite." The two hugged each other tightly.

Jen was literally friends with Hadi's mother since they had the same obsession over some weird tv shows and other old people stuff. Jen used to hang out with her when the seven of them hung out at Hadi and Saad's place.
Both of their parents were really chill.

"Of course, where have you been? You two literally disappeared." Hadi's mother said expressing her disappointment.

"Bas aunty life is unpredictable. But this time we won't disappear." Jen smiled.

"That better be a promise."

"Ofcourse. Where's Sadia?" Falak asked.

"She's probably in the lounge."

The two nodded and made their way towards the lounge area. There they found Sadia placing vases at the higher surfaces. Falak made her presence known by clearing her throat.

"Falak, you're here." Sadia smiled at her friend. She was going to greet her by pulling her in hug but she lightly pushed her aside as she noticed Jen.

"Hi Sadia. Mubarak ho-..."

"Mann toh krrha hai ye vase tumhare sar py phod doon." Sadia motioned to the vase in her hand but she kept in on the table. "But i missed you so much." She hugged the girl.

"I'm so sorry." Jen hugged her back. "I missed you too."

"Abhi ke liye to maaf kar rahi hoon but baad me zaroor btaungi." Sadia chuckled.

"Zaroor."

"Hadi, Saad aur birthday girl kahan hain?" Falak asked sitting on the couch.

"Hadi garden me hain Allah jane kya kar rhe hain, Birthday girl apne chachu ke saath apna cake khud lene gyin hain." Sadia informed.

"Aur tum ye kya kar rahi thi?" Jen asked.

"Kid-proofing."

"Par party to bahar garden me hai na?" Jen inquired.

"Tumhare bacche nahin hai na?" Jen shook her head no. "Han to tum nahi samjhogi. Toddlers high on sugar are a nightmare." Sadia literally shivered making Falak and Jen laugh.

"Mariyam kab aane wali?" Falak asked.

"Thodi der me hi, sab guests bhi aate hongy." Sadia told. "Bahar hi chalte hain."

The three of them went outside where Hadi was making sure everything was good for his daughter's birthday party. There were tables chairs placed throughout the open space.
The whole garden was decorated with ballons. And a huge banner was put up, which read "Happy Birthday Falak".

"This place is looking beautiful." Falak told Hadi as she stood beside him.

"Thanks Fifi." All of a sudden a pair of hands covered his eyes.