6 🐚

After the rituals were done, the women went back home. Aliya felt bad and was carrying a heavy heart, Mahira's words from earlier were already nagging her and then Shams' silent treatment made it all worse. Over the years she had come to accept the fact that the two of them will never get along so she found entertainment in their bickering. But now that she has seemingly pissed him off it doesn't sit right with her.

It was past midnight and Aliya couldn't sleep. She kept tossing and turning in her bed.

"Can you stop moving!!?? It's irritating me." Mahira groaned in her sleep.

"I can't sleep M."

"Thinking about your personal devil?" Mahira chuckled.

"Don't call him that, Mahru." Aliya said in a slow voice, sitting up.

"Ahaan? Ye change of heart kaise hogaya? Kuch gadbad toh nahi hai?" Mahira sat up next to her best friend.

"Astaghfirullah, M baat ka rukh badalna koi tumse sikhe." She slapped her arm lightly. "Its just that, mujhe bura lag rha hai for what I did. And he didn't even let me apologise."

"Its okay. Kal karlena." Mahira smiled at her.

"Hm you're right I guess."

"Chalo ab so jao, warna fir dark circles hojaengy aur fir pictures ache nahi ayengy."

The two of them laughed at Mahira's comment. They settled back in bed and waited for sleep to take over.

The whole event of baraat passed by in a blur and Aliya couldn't find a single moment to apologise to Shams. He didn't let her. Her mood dampened as he kept avoiding her. She sat beside Dua on the stage after hours of attending guests and trying to apologise to Shams. Ali went to meet some of his friends and other guests.

"Did something happen?" Dua asked lowly as she noticed Aliya's distraught.

"Nothing happened." She replied.

"I think something happened." Dua grinned at the younger girl.

"Acha jaise ke?"

"Jaise ke tumhe Shams ne dress gift kiya." Aliya turned to look at her sister in law with wide eyes. "I saw him giving you the bag yesterday."

"It's not what you think." Aliya replied in a low and calm voice.

"Acha toh what is it?" Dua asked.

"I forgot it in his car the other day and he was just returning it me." Aliya explained.

"His car? You two were together?" Dua chirped happily.

"We weren't-" Aliya was interrupted by her mother coming on the stage and telling them it's time for rukhsati.

"This conversation isn't over." Dua said to Aliya as Shagufta helped Dua stand.

"It is." Aliya said helping her get off the stage.

True to her word Aliya didn't let Dua speak about it again. Dua tried a few times after breakfast, on their way to the salon, even when she was getting her makeup done but Aliya dodged it everytime.

The whole reception Aliya tried to talk to Shams but everytime she tried to reach him, he vanished into thin air. He was avoiding her. She can't even text him to apologise because she broke his phone and that's what got them here. And there was nothing she could do about it.

As much as she wanted to apologise to Shams, she had reached her limit and she knew if he didnt allow her to apologise to him today, she would never call for a truce ever again. And that's what happened. The event came to an end. Shams avoided to the very end and Aliya couldn't apologise.

"BHAAD ME JAE SHAMS SIDDIQUI AND AB MAAFI MANGTI HAI MERI JUTTI." Aliya grumbled as she and Mahira removed their make up and got ready for bed.

"Haan i guess." Mahira shrugged. "Mana tumhari galti thi but he could've atleast let you say what you had to say."

The next few days passed by in a blur. With guests and relatives coming over to meet the newly weds. Aliya was always occupied with one thing or another. While Ali and Dua went on thier honeymoon, Aliya continued with her studies. Shams was nowhere to be found. Not that anyone cared.

Two months later, a fine Wednesday afternoon Aliya got back home from college, only to find a couple of guests in the living room. She recognised the faces but she wasnt sure who they actually were. She assumed they were here to meet Dua so she said her greetings and rushed to her room.

An hour passed when her mother knocked on her door while she was laying on her bed. Shagufta entered the room to find her daughter flipping through the pages of her book.

"Aliya." She called out her name.

"Hanji mama?" Said girl replied not looking up from her book.

"Beta kuch baat karni hai."

"Hm boliye." She now looked up at her mother who sat beside her.

"Tumhare liye rishta aya hai." Shagufta stated calmly.

"Acha." Aliya said even more calmly.

"Mrs Mujeeb ayi thi aaj, apne bete Talha ke liye tumhra hath maangne." Shagufta gave her a picture of Talha.

"I see." She said examining the picture of her potential husband.

"Kuch bologi?" Shagufta asked.

"Aplogo ne kya socha hai?"

"Hume ladka pasand hai, family bhi acchi hai." Her mother started. "But hum tumhari marzi ke khilaf kuch nahi karengy. Agar tumhe koi pasnd hai toh hume bata do."

"Nahi mujhe koi pasand nahi hai. Bhai kya kehte hain?"

"Ali raazi hai, wo Talha ko pehly se janta hai."

"Aur meri studies ka kya hoga?"

"Abhi mangni kar dengy aur fir graduation ke bad shadi. Aur tumhe aagy pdhne se bhi koi nahi rokega."

"Theek hai. Mujhe koi masla nahi hai." Aliya affirmed.

"Waqai?" Her mother was shocked by her answer.

"Ji waqai."

"Sach btaun mujhe toh laga tha tum bht natak karne wali ho shadi nahi karungi ye wo."

"Socha toh maine bhi tha." She laughed. "But theek hai, he doesn't seem bad, mujhe koi pasnd nahi hai, aur kabhi na kabhi kisi na kisi se toh shadi karni hai hi." Aliya shrugged.

"Waah itni mature baaten kabse karne lagi Ms. Aliya Fareed."

"Me hmesha se mature hoon, Mrs. Shagufta Fareed. Ap hi bs mujhe underestimate karti rehti hai." She replied playfully.

"Im proud of you beta." Shagufta kissed her forehead and left her room.

Aliya immediately called Mahira as her mother left the room.

"Bitch guess what?" Aliya smirked.

"What?"

"I'm getting married."

"This better be a joke." Mahira rolled her eyes.

"It's not I'm serious."

"I'm coming over."

A/n: not edited. What even is this😪 writers block has been a pain but i tried.😮‍💨