1 🍄

5 years later

For five years Saad waited. He waited with complete sincerity. Part of him was tired. He wanted to give up on waiting. Though it wouldn't make any difference since he'd never ever get with anyone else. Sometimes he thought his wait was in vain. The two stayed in contact for first few months after Falak left. They were friendly with each other. But then Falak stopped calling, later she stopped attending his calls. Saad was losing hope. A thought constantly nagged in the back of his mind.

'this is what you get for your wrongdoings. you've lost her for good.'

Saad often spent his nights wondering how things would've been so different if he had followed in Hadi's footsteps. How Falak would've still been here. Maybe they could've been married as of now. What if he hadn't been so selfish. All these what if kept him up at night. He missed her. Her smile. Her eyes. Her anger. Her lame jokes.

The initial months after reaching Canada were proper hell for Falak. She missed her mom and Jen. She had prepared herself for this but all her all her resolve broke after that meet-up with Saad. However it wasn't as weak to refrain her from leaving. For the first few months she used to talk to Saad ever so often but she got busy. The difference in time zones and their busy lives got in their way and the communication stopped completely.

It had been five years and if Falak were to be honest she was thriving in her life. She was healed and completed content with her life. But she missed home. She made a few acquaintances but that was it. Nothing was the same without Jen.

Falak stared out of her office building chuckling to herself.

'kaise main sochti thi waqt sab theek kar dega ek jhoot hai, par waqt ne sab theek kardia. aaj sab theek hai, mai khush hoon. han ek kami zarur hai dil me magar zindagi me sabkuch hasil hojae aisa to mumkin nahi. maine khud ko aur saad ko waqt diya. mai mutmaeen hoon, aur agar wo zindagi me aagy badh gaya hoga toh mujhe usse koi gilah nahi hoga.'

She FaceTime-d Jen without worrying about the time zones. It's probably midnight back home. And judging from the way Jen answered it definitely is.

"Koi waqt hota hai kisi ko call krne ka." Jen groaned. "kon bolrha hai bhai?" She mumbled half asleep.

"Best friend ko call krne ka koi waqt nahi hota. Uth ab I've got news." Falak laughed.

"Yaaar tumhari news to rehne hi do." Jen yawned sitting up. "News ke naam py kabhi kuch dhang ka nahi sunaya. Kuch nihayati fazool hi hoga." She rolled her eyes.

"Acha mujhe nahi pata tha meri wapasi fazool hai. Badiya hai nahi aati fir mai." Falak pouted.

"What???" Jen's eyes almost popped out of their sockets. "Tu??? Waps arhi hai??" She squealed.

"Haan main ghar arhi hoon." Falak smiled.

"For how long will you stay?" Falak grinned evilly at Jen's question. "Tu hamesha ke liye aarhi hai???" Jen screamed. Falak nodded at her best friend. "God I'm so happy." Jen teared up a bit.

"Acha ro to mat. Achi khabar sunai hai tu hai ke ro rahi hai." Falak shushed her best friend.

"I can finally hug my best after five fucking years." Jen smiled through tears. "kab arhi hai?"

"Do hafto baad."

"I can't wait to see you. Come soon."

"Same here Jen. Mai bhi taras rahi hu tujhse milne ke liye. These video calls and texts can't ever compare to being actually there with you." Falak confessed. "I miss you soo muchhhh."

"Itna miss kar kar rhi hai toh nahi jana tha mujhe chor ke." Jen huffed.

"Ab arhi hu na, nahi jaungi theek hai?" Falak asked. Jen smiled at her. "chal I've gotta go. I'll see you soon. Bye love you."

"Love you."

Two weeks later, Falak finally came back home after five years. Jen went to recieve Falak from the airport. The two hugged for atleast 15 minutes, crying in each other's embrace. Falak had asked Jen not to tell her mother as she wanted to surprise. And to say her mother was surprised was an understatement. The woman sobbed with happy tears as she hugged her daughter.

"Aaj to party honi chaiye auntie." Jen said plopping on the sofa of Falak's house.

"Kyu nahi. Mai to ab apni beti pasand ki har chiz banaungi aaj. Kitni patli hogyi hai meri bacchi. Tumhe wahan khana nahi milta tha kya?" Falak laughed at her mother's half hearted scoldings.

"Ab to nahi jaogi na?" Her mother asked softly.

Her mother was aware of everything that went down in Falak's life. Her heart broke for her daughter when she lost her bestfriend. She wanted to take all her pain away when she found out her daughter had gotten her heartbroken for the very first time. For the most part she wanted to hate Saad and she did. But after Falak told her what happened the day before she was leaving, she understood Saad. She couldn't help but pity the young duo. She understood Falak's need to go away and she supported through it all. But now she just wanted to be with her. She wanted her to find true happiness. And somewhere deep in her heart she knew that her daughter's happiness was nowhere but here.

"Nahi mama ab mai apko chor ke kahin bhi nahi jaungi." Falak hugged her mother tightly.

"That better be the case or you'll face my wrath." Her mother mock threatened.

"Mine too." Jen added.

"Aye aye sir." Falak saluted at the two.

"Chalo you girls catch up I've got food to prepare." She said leaving the two girls alone.

"Puch bhi le ab." Jen said out of nowhere.

"Kya puchun?" Falak asked in confusion.

"Tere chehre py saaf saaf likha hai."

"Mere toh kuch samjh nahi arha hai, aur agar mere chehre py jo bhi tu kehrhi hai saaf saaf likha hai toh khud bata de naa. Kya riddles khelrhi hai." Jen knew Falak so desperately wanted to ask about him.

"Main bata deti but i have no idea." Jen replied honestly. She didn't know where he was or what he was doing in his life.

"Tera dimagh chal toh nahi gaya hai, doctor ke pass chalen? Itni lambi flight se main aayi hoon aur jetlag tujhe horha hai." Falak rolled her eyes. Jen laughed at her best friend and shook her head.

"Kuch nahi. Kal shopping chalen?" Jen changed the topic.

"Abhi to aayi hoon main araam toh karne de mujhe."

"Haan toh mai konsa tujhe abhi utha kar le jaarhi hoon. Kal chal naa. It's been sooo long since we went together." Jen pouted at her best friend.

"Acha ek shart py. Tu mujhe David se milwaegi."

"Ye bhi koi kehne ki baat hai? Obviously yes. Wo bhi tujhse milne ke liye bohot excited hai."

David is Jen's fiancé of two years. Jen broke up with her then boyfriend in their final year of college since he turned out to be total douchebag. Now she's happily engaged to David and would be marrying him soon.

"Theek hai kal shopping done."

The next day the duo had lunch together and then headed towards the shopping mall. The two browsed through stores and acted like complete crackheads just like how they did when they were teenagers.

"I missed this." Jen said wrapping an arm around Falak's shoulder.

"Me too. Oooh Crossword, let's go. I need new books." Falak said dragging Jen to the bookstore.
The duo surfed through the books for a while when Jen's phone rang and she excused herself. Falak continued looking through the books for her interest when she heard it.

"Falak." A voice called out. His voice.

And once again, for her, time stopped.

A/n: hello my lovelies, hope you like the chapter. You guys might have wait awhile for next one,. I've fallen sick 😷 will try to upload asap.
Until next time❤️