1 💟

High school made Falak Zaidi hate the entirety of her being. From her looks to her personality. Once a cheerful, confident girl is now turned into a closed off, anxious and overwhelmed girl. Her so called friends whom she would give her life for, made her feel worthless. Made fun of the way she looked, made her believe she isn't beautiful. All because she was intelligent but not a nerd, she was popular but not in the mean way, everyone knew her and loved her bubbly personality. Her, now ex friends envied her, so in order to feel good about themselves, they broke her.

Falak still speaks her mind but stutters once in a while, the only thing that hasn't changed is she can still put people back in their places, which she did to her ex friends who betrayed her.
Now that the nightmare aka high school is over, 18 year old Falak enrolled in one the prestigious colleges in her city. She decided that she has enough friendship drama for a lifetime and she wouldn't waste her emotions or time on making new friends in college.

And now here she is driving herself to college on her very first day. She parked her car in the parking area and took a deep breath before getting out the car. She adjusted her bag on her shoulder and walked towards the main building. She saw people roaming in groups, duo or trios and rolled her eyes. 'inhe bhi maza aane wala hai, friends my foot.' she thought to herself.

She checked the WhatsApp group for class updates and saw that 1st year students have to reach the auditorium at 10 am for the Dean's speech. She saw the time on her phone which showed 9:50 am. 'I still have 10 minutes, but where the hell is the auditorium?' she thought to herself.

Falak thought she'd rather search for the auditorium herself than asking anyone else. So that's what she did and finally at 9:57 am she found it. She rushed inside and took a seat. For the next two hours the Dean blabbed about the rules and regulations, the reputation and whatever. If she had known, it would be this boring, she would've gladly skipped her first day.

By the time students were dismissed it was time for lunch break. All of them rushed out of the auditorium and so did Falak but she didn't rush to the cafeteria like the others. She sat on one of the stairs and took a sip of water from her flask.

At 12:45 pm she recieved a text from her class counsellor in the group chat.

Miss Singh:
Dear Students, come and collect your ID cards from room number 201. There are no classes scheduled for today. You can leave after collecting you ID cards.

Falak rolled her eyes for the hundredth time today and started walking towards the aforementioned room number.

'kya bakwas hai ye, I wasted my whole day for this crap. Matlab hadd hai yar sara mood kharab hogaya.' Falak's inner rant was interrupted when she bumped into someone.

"Woah woah dekh kar." An energetic voice said.

"I'm sorry mera dhyan kahin aur tha." Falak apologized.

"Ahaan wo to nazar aa hi raha hai. Badi chidhi hui lagrhi ho." The other person joked.

"Uhm han." Falak replied. She didn't want to start a conversation with a random person who was too chirpy for her liking. 'like thik hai galti hogyi takra gayi, sorry bhi boldia ab baat karna zaruri hai kya.' Falak thought to herself.

"I'm Jennifer Merose, nice to meet you." The girl finally introduced herself. "First year?"

"I'm Falak Zaidi. Yeah first year."

"Mai bhi."

"Uhm Jennifer, I hope you don't mind but I need to collect my ID and I've got to rush." Falak tried to be polite.

"Oh that's alright. Mujhe bhi actually apna ID card lena hai. Konse stream ki ho?"

"Uhm BA Psychology."

"Really??" Jennifer jumped excitedly. "Mai bhi. Chalo sath chalte hai." Falak had no choice but to agree because, well they're both going the same way and Jennifer is her classmates, the least she can do is, not be rude to her. Besides Jennifer seems cool.

The duo walked towards room no.201 and saw their other classmates were already present. She quickly got her ID and made her way out the class, as she was walking out a voice called out from behind her.

"Falak." She turned around to see one of her classmate had called her name.

"Yes?"

"Tumne apni profile picture par Obito ka picture rakha hai na?" The guy asked her excitedly.

"Haan?" She affirmed in a questioning tone because why was he asking.

"Wow tum kitni cool ho yaar. Mujhse dosti karlo please. I'm Haris." The guy, Haris, put his hand infront of her.

"Harry you idiot, meri bestie ko tang mat kar." Jennifer appeared beside Falak, who was just amused at the whole scene. 'Wait a min, bestie? Ye kab hua?'

"Shut up, Jen. She watches anime. Kitni cool haii aur kitni khubsurat bhi. Aur tera best friend to mai hoon."

"Firstly, tu mera male bestie hai. I need a female bestie and I like her so I'm keeping her. Aur haan pehli baar tune kuch sahi kaha. She's very beautiful." Jennifer said.

Falak was so confused and bewildered at their behaviour, she almost felt uncomfortable. Those two were being so nice to her and yet she just wanted to get away from them. She had already made a resolution that she wouldn't make friends. At all.

"Falak?" Jennifer clicked her fingers in front her face. "Honey you zoned out."

"Oh, what were you guys saying?" Falak blinked.

"Mai bolrhi thi iss Harry ke bacche se dur rehna ye tumhari jaan kha jaega bht bkwas krta hai." Jennifer said.

"Falak iski bato py dhyan mat dena ye sirf isliye kehrhi hai because she wants you all to herself." Haris retroted.

"Tohh, isme galat kya hai."

'ajib log hain, maine to inse abhi tk sirf ek baar bat kri hai ye to mere piche lad rhe hain.'

'waise they seem nice. maybe i should....no no... friendships never end well. but ye log acche hain... wo bhi shuru me ache hi thy...no but were they?...they weren't unhone kabhi tujhe ache feel krwaya hi nahi Falak wo bas tera use krrhe thy aur tu hoti gyi.'

"Falak tum kaha kho jati ho baar baar." Haris said.

"Kuch nahi Mai soch rhi thi ke tum dono chup hone ka kya logy." Falak chuckled.

"Cafeteria chalo batate hain." Jennifer and Haris laughed.

'maybe it won't end bad.' Falak thought laughing along with them.