5 🐚

It had been 3 days since Shams and Aliya had seen each other and she still hasn't gotten her dress back from him. The two were least interested in talking to each other but Aliya knew she had to suck it up and talk to him because its her dress, he's not losing anything by not talking to her. Mahira watched with a amused smile on her face as Aliya paced back forth in her room. The girl came over to stay for the entirety of Ali's wedding because not only she's Aliya's best friend but Ali's second/soul sister. Aliya groaned the hundredth time before grabbing her phone. She quickly typed a text to Shams,

Aliya:
I left my stuff in your car the other day.
I'll get it tomorrow when I'll come over.
I hope you didn't lose it like your brain.

She deliberated between deleting the last sentence or not. She decided to send it. She waited a few minutes for a response. When her phone didn't ping after half an hour she decided to check if the message was delivered, it was. But he left her on read.

"This guy." Aliya did the action of throwing her phone but didn't actually throw it. "I'll kill him someday." She threw punches in the air in agitation. But she calmed herself. "Its okay." Deep breath in. "Kal jaungi aur lekar ajaungi." She muttered to herself.

"Kya hua?" Mahira asked humorously.

"Left me on read." Aliya said through gritted teeth.

"Show." Mahira laughed grabbing the phone. She skimmed through the text before adding, "apna message dekha hai?" She asked rhetorically.

"Shhh chlo bohot kaam h niche." Aliya grinned and ran out of the room.

The functions of Ali and Dua's wedding start tomorrow. The event of Mayoun will be held at their respective houses separately and Aliya, Mahira and Shagufta would go to Dua's house for the rasam for a while.

The day passed in a blur as Aliya and Mahira worked around the clock. Everything had to be perfect. The next morning the two woke up at noon because they were too tired and besides the event was in the evening so it didn't matter.

The two of them got ready after hearing an earful from Shagufta, because it was irresponsible for them to wake up late on such an important day. The two of giggled and shrugged her off.

Mahira was ready and was waiting for Aliya to finish her last minute touch ups.

"And done." Aliya squealed putting on her duppatta.

"You're looking beautiful, A." Mahira commented.

"Thanks, M."

"I think aj tmhari aur Shams ki saari animosity khatam hojaegi

"I think aj tmhari aur Shams ki saari animosity khatam hojaegi." Mahira laughed.

"Kardiya na mood kharab uss zeher admi ka nam lekar." Aliya pouted.

"You're so dramatic. Ab chalo isse phly ke auntie hume akr fir daante."

Soon Shagufta, Aliya, Mahira reached the Siddique residence along with some of Aliya's cousins. They greeted their host and the girls immediately rushed to bride's side.

"Omg bhabhi you're looking absolutely stunning." Mahira commented as soon as she sat beside Dua. "Shukar hai Ali bhai nahi aye warna abhi hi rukhsati krwani padhti." She laughed.

"Exactly, M bhai toh api ko dekh kar ghayal hi ho jate, shes looking so haseeen, Masha Allah." Dua blushed at their comments.

"Zyada bakwas nahi karo acha tum dono." Dua whispered to the duo. "Aur ab kya Api? Bhabhi bolo." She turned to Aliya.

"Ahaan bht jaldi hai bhabhi bulwane ki." Aliya teased. Dua nudged her playfully. "Hm waise ab bhabhi kaha ja sakta hai. Wish granted." She smiled at her 'bhabhi'.

"Chalo ladkiyon bht baaten hogyin ab rasam karna hai." Shagufta said shooing the girls aside.

While everyone was busy with the rituals Aliya looked around to find Shams. When she didn't find him anywhere she decided to call him, since she was running short on time. She called him twice but he didn't answer.
She looked at Mahira and non verbally asked her if she found the devil but the latter just shook her head. A few seconds later she decided to call him again when she heard the ringing of a phone not too far from her. Mahira nudged her to look behind her and the sight made her blood boil. Shams stood there looking at the phone ringing in his hands but not answering. Mahira knew he's a goner now so she stood back and watched the scene unfold in front of her.

Aliya stomped her way to Shams and grabbed his phone from his hands.

"Kya badatameezi hai ye?" He grumbled looking at her.

"Badatameezi toh mai abhi karke bataungi tumhe." She replied angrily. "Pehly tum ye btao tumhe smartphone py call answer karna nahi aata?"

"Aata hai." He replied arrogantly.

"Too bad ab tmhare pass phone hi nahi bachega kisi ka call receive krne ke liye ya kisi ko call karne k liye." With that she threw his phone on the ground.

"What the...? Tum pagal toh nahi ho?" He said picking up his phone. The screen was now cracked.

"Kaha tha na badatameezi abhi ki nhi thi. Ab kardi." She snapped.

"Ye baat toh mai Ali bhai ko zarur bataunga." Shams threatened.

"Khushi se btana." She smirked. And then pulled her best innocent face and added, "par Shams tum hi toh kehte ho me kitni irresponsible aur clumsy hoon. Sorry me tumse takra gyi aur tumhara phone toot gaya."

"You're such a manipulative woman." Shams clenched his fists by his side.

"I know. Ab jao mera saman laakar do warna...."

"Warna?" He raised his brows challenging her to continue.

"Mujhe pata hai tumhara room kaha hai aur wahan kya kya tootega mujhe nahi pata but itna pata hai ke uske zimmedaar tum hogy."

Shams exhaled through his mouth, he turned on his heels and left without an answer. Mahira jogged up to where Aliya was.

"That was brutal my friend. And a bit too much." Mahira said.

"I know. I feel bad but mera dimag khrab hogaya tha when i saw he was deliberately ignoring my call. Matlab mai konsi mari jaa rahi thi usse bat karne ke liye." Aliya ran her hand through her hair.

"Its okay but i think you should apologise." Aliya looked at her best friend as if she'd grown two heads. "Look i know i am your best friend but you crossed a line there. And he left without an argument so I guess it really did hit home."

"I think you're right." Aliya accepted her mistake. "He makes me act so out of character. I'll apologise but not today, but i will."

The two of them waited for Shams to come back but he didn't, so they went to where everyone else was and did the rasam and joined the girls who were singing and playing dholak.

After half an hour Shams came back with a bag in his hand. He didn't want to go where all the ladies were sitting so he stood at a distance and hoped that miraculously Aliya or Mahira would notice him. He stood there awkwardly when Mahira looked up and their eyes met. He pointed to the bag and then at Aliya. The dark haired girl nudged her best friend to where Shams was.

Aliya got up from where she was sitting and went to him. She took the bag from him and before she could say a word, he left.

A/n: not edited. Also question: do you guys have anyone in mind for Mahira's cast. Her character wasn't pre planned so i didnt think about it. If you do pls comment who it should be.
All the love. Until next time.❤️