18 🦋

The whole evening Furqaan kept looking at Seher. He saw her sitting with Ayesha and Sana, smiling and clicking pictures. He felt deja vu looking at them. A memory flashed across his mind.

"Mai aisi lag rahi thi? yaa Allah, kitni buri dikh rahi thi aur kisi ne mujhe bataya bhi nahi." She quickly started fixing her hair.

Furqaan has had enough. He grabbed her wrist and slightly pushed her against the wall. His hand resting beside her head. His other hand rested beside her waist. He was not touching her but they too close. The proximity made her heart skip a beat.

"Furqaan bhai-" she started but was interrupted

"Shut up. Tum bilkul bhi buri nahi lag rahi thi. Stop saying that. Itni achi lag rahi thi ke maine to nazar bhar ke dekha bhi nahi ke tumhe meri nazar na lag jaye." He whispered.

He shook his head. He was confused.

Did that really happen? Or am I thinking about confessing to her? Maybe I really confessed and she rejected me, that's why she's behaving like this?

He thought to himself.

No that can't be. I feel like I'm forgetting something. Maybe she likes me too, maybe she accepted my confession and is shy? Then why was she crying? Ugh my head hurts.

His thoughts were broken by Azam who was calling him for pictures.

~~the next day~~

The whole night Furqan was restless. He couldn't sleep a wink. He decided to talk to Azam. He walked towards Azam's room and knocked on the door.

"Ary Furqaan!" Azam said opening the door. "Kya bat hai itni suba suba."

"Bas bhai apse bat karni thi." He replied.

"Haan to nashte py bat karte hain."

"Nahi akele me baat karni thi."

"Accha andar aao, sab kheriyat?" He asked.

"Han bhai kheriyat." He said entering the room. "Bhabhi kahan hain?"

"Wo to niche gayi kafi der pehly. Tum batao hua kya hai?"

"Bhai wo... mai... mujhe..." Furqaan stuttered.

"Ary bhai agy bhi bolo." Azam chuckled.

"Samjh nahi arha kaise kahun?"

"Yar main tumhara bhai hoon. Tum mujhse kuch bhi bol sakte ho."

"Bhai mujhe koi pasand hai." Furqan said and Azam froze.

"Kon pasand hai? Kahan mili?" Azam asked seriously.

"Mujhe pata hai ye galat hai par Kal Zainab ki engagement mein...-"

"Furqaan naam batao." Azam tried controlling his anger.

"Seher." There he said it.

"Apni.. apni Seher.?" Azam breathed heavily.

"Haan bhai mujhe maaf kar dein main jaanta hoon ke wo humari behno ki tarah...-" Azam cut him off.

"Tumhe sach me wo pasand hai?" Azam asked again and Furqaan nodded.

"Jao jaa kar dadi jaan se bat karo." Azam said.

"Kya?"

"Dadi jaan se bat karo iss baare mein."

"Ap mujhse naraz nahi hain? Gussa nahi karengy?" Furqaan asked.

"Nahi. Ab jao." Azam pushed Furqaan out of his room.