how do you like your coffee? like i like my women

Summary:
Wenclair Coffee Shop AU
Nuff said.

"Enid!"

"Yeah?"

"Your favorite little storm cloud is crossing the street for her daily poison."

"Shut up, Yoko." Enid grumbled as her bestie shot her a teasing grin. She was sure if she could see Yoko's eyes, they would be twinkling with mischief.

Despite her grumbling, Enid couldn't help the flutter of excitement that thrummed in her stomach. She didn't know when her distaste and anger for Wednesday Addams had transformed into excitement and pride as she warmed up the espresso machine but it did. Their first meeting was a disaster to say the least.

Edgar was a temperamental espresso machine and her coworkers always looked at her in envy and admiration when she got the machine to purr and chugg along without getting blasted by hot air.

Wednesday's face was in her "I want to murder everyone in the vicinity" scowl and Enid winced in sympathy for anyone who dared crossed her path. Glancing at the clock, she noticed it was 4 pm. She must have just finished an appointment with Dr. Kinbott.

Everyone around town had heard of how she had maimed two guys on the water polo team at her old school and transferred to Nevermore. By order of the court, she had been sentenced to court mandated therapy. What most people didn't know was that Wednesday had dropped those piranhas in the pool because the water polo team had been bullying her brother. It had costed her a week's worth of Bee's Knees (2 shots of espresso, mocha, oat milk & Nevermore's Hot Honey) but she was able to get the story from Eugene, Nevermore's resident bee keeper and one of Wednesday's "acquaintances". Eugene's face had widened in a beaming grin when he said the word, so in Wednesday speak she was sure he was one of Wednesday's friends.

The bell jingled in the door of the Weathervane as black boots stomped to the register.

"Welcome to the Weather Vane, where our drinks will blow you away."

At the cheesy motto which Enid made sure to be extra sugary sweet, Wednesday's scowl grew deeper.

With a grunt, Wednesday slapped down a five, a one and two quarters. Enid just grabbed the money and rung up her order.

Grabbing the four shots of espresso, she poured it over ice and added a little arsenic and hemlock for flavor before popping on the lid. Waiting by the pick up counter was Wednesday who watched Enid with an intensity that usually unnerved Yoko or Ajax but Enid flashed a smirk her way. After a few months of dealing with Wednesday Addams, she had this in the bag.

Placing the drink on the counter as Wednesday abhorred human touch, she held her breath in anticipation as Wednesday took a sip.

With a slight raise of an eyebrow and a flicker of surprise, Wednesday returned Enid's expectant stare and stated that it was "adequate".

Enid beamed at the compliment because from anyone else, that would be a "delicious".

With a slight twitch of her lips, Wednesday gave a salute in farewell before heading back to her single to work on her novel.

"Oh my God. Just ask her out already." Yoko said exasperatedly.

"W-What?" Enid squeaked. "But she's my enemy. The bane of my existence. The snobbiest coffee snob in Jericho. The queen of complicated coffee orders. Why would I ever ever want to her ask her out."

"Because she's hot. Because everyone can practically see your tail wagging every time she walks in. Because out of everyone in the cafe, she tolerates you the most. Because the few times, you weren't on shift, the girl practically threatened Tyler to procure your whereabouts."