On a Valentine's Day (I used to be my own protection)

100k reads yall wtaf 😧😧 100k?! WHATT LIKE HOW TF?????????
but thank you i love y'all <33

Summary:
Wednesday finds a card on her bed and launches into an investigation, Enid just thought it was cute

The darkness of her room was an expanse she prided herself on, the fact she could fall onto the bed and vanish in the depths she had created was a virtue to Wednesday. So when she returns to find a bright pink envelope burning her eyes, making her skin itch and head hurt, she feels almost insulted.

How did this get here? Who put it in her room, on her bed? Was it meant for Enid?

Wednesday was scrawled across the front in an impressive cursive font, written with a fountain pen, she assumed. Cautiously she flipped it over, finding that it was still private, wax seal intact.

Fascinating.

Wednesday ran her finger under the lip, tearing it away and pulling the card out of the envelope. It was thankfully dark red, like scabbing blood, with a black heart in the center. The heart had a white wolf in the middle, wagging its tail with a speech bubble over its head.

"I'm... wild about you."

Thing appeared from under Enid's bed, nails painted black and red, crawling up Wednesday's side to reach her shoulder and read over it.

Who do you think it is? He asked with taps, and she narrowed her eyes at the homemade style of it.

"It's not from an internet purchase. Someone made this, with the effort and intention of me noticing the personal touch. I must discern if this is a threat of any kind. Or worse."

Worse? He asked, and Wednesday hummed the affirmative.

"It could be a request for courting. A much more dire situation indeed."

She places the card in her hoodie pocket, quickly leaving to find her friend, and source on all things social.

Eugene frowned at the card, looking back at Wednesday and then down to the card in relatively quick succession.

"Are you bragging that Enid gave you a card?"

Wednesday frowned through the bee suit, lifting the divider to examine the queen's health, deciding she was as fine as a bee could... be, before putting it back in place.

"What do you mean?"

Eugene turned to face her, tapping the image of the wolf twice, held a little too roughly between his gloved hands for her liking.

"This is clearly from Enid. Your roommate? Who else could get into your room, and then be brave enough to leave evidence behind?!"

Wednesday blinked.

"I suppose you are correct. What does this mean?"

Eugene mumbles something under his breath, which she chose to not acknowledge for now. He passed her the card back, his smile visible through his mask.

"You write her back, dummy!"

He barely avoids the clump of honey launched at his head. Wednesday left after he started complaining about the waste, removing her bee suit attire on her way out the door, knowing the bees wouldn't dare.

Enid rushed back after class, excited to see Wednesday's reaction to her card. The wolf had snuck in during lunch and left it for her, thinking her roomie would find it just as amusing as she had.

The room was empty, and the card was gone. Enid pursed her lips in thought and skipped to the bed, throwing her phone on it before removing her blazer, quickly getting a change of clothes and getting into the bathroom. Five minutes later she re-emerges, cuffed jeans and a pink sweater, with her mismatched but comfiest and fluffiest socks. She leaps onto her bed, ready to type up her blog post of the week, not a care in the-