I just died in your arms

Summary:
There will always be alphas with distorted views of what is theirs, but Wednesday can handle them. She doesn't exactly need help defending herself.

Until someone dares to attempt to damage the very bond she shares with Enid

"You are an awfully pretty thing for a Nevermore kid."

Wednesday doesn't have to look up from her coffee cup, she gets enough information about the alphas who just came over to her table by the stench they brought in with them.
"Please let me know what aspect of me pleases your male gaze and I will immediately rid myself of it", she deadpans.
They laugh darkly.
"Aww, what a foul-mouthed little omega", one of them says, reaching across the table to touch her, and she grabs a fork from the cafe table and stabs him in the back of the hand.
"You may want to have your noses examined", she says as he howls in pain.
"The fuck are you talking about, you freak!?" another one of them says.
"You clearly cannot tell I have an alpha", she states, simply, stirring the spoon around her coffee.
It's always there, a tiny part of Enid pulsing in the back of her mind, like a ray of sunshine that found its way into a dark storm.

They start to sit down around her, their strong, sharp scents being so very close making her stomach turn and her anxiety spike.
"We can. We just don't think what he doesn't know will hurt him."
"SHE is not who you have to worry about if you touch me", Wednesday says, calmly.
"Even more proof you can do better."
The one who said that gets a fist against his jaw, stumbling back by the impact and falling right into the arms of his friend.

They all stumble back from her as she rises from her seat, staring at her as she goes to exit the cafe.
"Bitch!" one of them yells after her.
She hesitates in the door, turning back.
"I do my best", she says blankly.

She walks back towards Nevermore, and is just turning a corner when she is grabbed and slammed into the brick facade of a building, so fast she doesn't even have time to scold herself for not noticing the alphas were following her. They are all over her, holding her back against the wall as she growls and kicks and struggles, and suddenly she is six years old trying to break out from the bullies' grasp as Nero pitter-patters into the street.

"Let me go!" she howls, kicking out and hitting a leg, the alpha cursing and replying by punching her in the face.
Another alpha tries to touch her face, and she bites his hand and, as he recoils in shock, proceeds to headbutt the one holding her. He drops back and she leaps forward, having broken free of the grasp. Enjoying the victory, breathing in the scent of the disgusting alphas in pain and discomfort, she suddenly feels someone sinking their teeth into the bonding mark on her neck, the sensitive, sacred spot Enid bit when they bonded.

The world goes white, blinding hot pain shooting out through her. She cries out, a horrific howl of agony, and then she whips around, her own teeth sinking into his face. There's blood and screaming and she hurts, hurts hurts hurts.

The alphas flee the scene, and Wednesday sinks down to the ground. The bonding mark is pulsing and aching badly, and she whimpers as she lifts a hand to it and it comes back bloody.
"Get up, stupid", she tells herself, weakly but sternly.
Supporting herself against the facade of the building she pushes herself back up to her feet, her head spinning as she starts to move. She has to move. She has to get back to Nevermore. To Ophelia Hall. To her alpha.

Enid is about the only thing she can think about, her body having responded to the bonding mark being wounded by aching after her alpha in every way, the part in the back of her mind that is Enid calling her like a spider to a fly trapped in its net. That aching is what keeps her going, what leads to her stomping up the stairs of their dorm. She has just turned into the right hallway when the door to their room bursts open. Being a werewolf means Enid has even more acute senses than alphas of other species, and by the horrified look on her face she could smell her omega's distress from down the stairs.
"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god...", the pink haired is gasping, leaping forward, her terror at Wednesday's condition radiating straight into the omega's mind.
Finally breathing in her alpha's scent, Wednesday feels her body responding by giving out, like it knows she is safe and should rest. How annoying.
"Catch me", she maneges before the hallway turns around her as she falls, right into Enid's arms.