If you smell something burning, it's my heart

Summary:
There is a fool proof way to kill an Addams, and it is done by separating them from their spouse for a long period of time.
It's a well kept family secret, but somehow Wednesday's stalker found out

lmao i just calculated if i write 121.6 chapters and post one every 3 days i can last a whole year

"Welcome back."

Wednesday opens her eyes to the sharp light of a ceiling lamp, her stalker sitting in the chair opposite her. Twisting her stiff neck, she looks down at the heavy metal cuffs on her hands and feet.
"This is what I'd call a kidnapping if anything. Well done", she says.
He just nods, grinning slightly.

Wednesday looks around the room: a kind of basement, no windows and one door. Truly a well executed plan.

She looks back at her stalker.
"So, where do we start? I've always had a thing for bone saws, but it's your call", she says.
He laughs. A loud, dark laugh.
"Oh, there are more than one kind of torture."
"You're doing the color thing, aren't you?" Wednesday asks.
He says nothing.
"I should warn you, you should bring a bucket. And a mop. Shit will get messy."

A grin spreads over the stalker's face.
"Oh, I'm not gonna do anything-"
"Then you're a shitty sadist."
"-because I don't have to, my Raven."
Enid's pet name for her. Wednesday's stomach instantly turns.

The stalker chuckles.
"Ooooh, look at that! I hit a nerve!" he mock-cheers.
"Fuck you!" Wednesday spits.
He stands up, leans closer to her.
"You'll never see Enid again", he whispers into her ear.

Her heart drops and the room begins to spin.

She'll do anything. Anything but that. She would join TikTok, if it meant seeing her darling beloved again.

It's directly lethal for an Addams, getting cut off from any contact with your spouse. Wednesday would draw a parallel to being without oxygen, except that she would like that.

She starts struggling, thrashing in the chair.
"You can't do this, you sick bastard! You can't!"
He doesn't reply.

The fever starts after only about a week.

Wednesday had hoped she would have a little more time, but she figures the separation sickness hits her especially hard since her and Enid have been together almost constantly ever since she came to Nevermore.

When the stalker comes in to check on her her head is hanging, and she looks up just enough to see his grin.
"How are we doing, miss Addams?" he teases.
She shudders.
"You... Are you happy n-now?" she mumbles, failing to even sound menacing.
"Nope!"

Anything.

Wednesday would have done anything to make this stop.

The delirium has kicked in, and at times her vision blurs. She can't even keep an escape plan in her head long enough to fully fledge it out anymore.

She is sloped forward in the chair, just whimpering Enid's name, over and over.

Two months after Wednesday disappeared from the school grounds, her family finally track down the one who took her.

They break down the door, and Gomez runs his saber right through the stalker's stomach. His body drops to the floor, and Enid immediately runs over to Wednesday, screaming her name.
"Wednesday! Wednesday? She-'s! SHE'S NOT MOVING!" she screams, tears welling up in her eyes.

They get the cuffs undone somehow, and Enid gathers Wednesday's body in her arms, collapsing to the floor and cradling her girlfriend in her arms as she sobs.
"Wednesday? No! No, no, no-!"
"It's been two months. It's a substantial time of separation for any Addams", Morticia says, and her voice sounds like she is going to cry.
"S-separation?" Enid sobs.
"Well... Let's just say, when Gomez says he can't live without me, it's not just an expression. An Addams will literally die without their loved one", Morticia says.

As Gomez is sobbing into his wife's chest, Morticia is just staring out in space in grief. Enid curls up over Wednesday's body, wailing.
"No, you-! You can't leave me! Please don't leave me!" she begs.

With a gasp, Wednesday snaps her eyes open.
"Enid?" she asks immediately.
"I'm here", Enid says.
"ENID!" Wednesday wails, wrapping her arms around the werewolf, holding her as tight as she possibly can.

Her parents huddle around them, crying in joy.

The Addams family witch doctor dangles a feather-clad bell in front of Wednesday's face, watching the girl's eyes movements.

"I'm afraid the separation affected her severely. I am honestly suprised she is still alive. She clearly loves her spouse to such a point that such a time away from her should have killed her. She will need to take time to recover from this", the witch doctor explains.
"Whatever our little tormenta needs, we will make it happen!" Gomez says.
"Well, the best thing Wednesday can do right now to help her systems recover from the shock is to spend some prolonged time in near proximity of her spouse", the doctor explains.

Enid shifts on her spot on the couch.
"Are you saying you are prescribing... Cuddles?"
"Absolutely! Physical contact has substantial benefits!" the doctor says.
Enid glances at Wednesday. Wednesday nods.
"Sounds good to me", Enid declares.

She carries Wednesday upstairs to her room, in a hurry: the shorter hasn't spoken much at all since waking up, and Enid is getting really concerned about her.

She still doesn't want to push her, so she just focuses on getting them comfortable, laying Wednesday on the bed and laying down by her, spooning up behind her and holding her close.

When Wednesday finally speaks, her voice is muffled.
"Don't leave me again."
Enid's heart aches painfully, and she kisses the girl's shoulder softly.
"Never. Not ever, my Raven."
Wednesday exhales, and Enid finally feels her relaxing some.

"I was never scared of death in there. I was just scared of never seeing you again. That in itself would be death, and it nearly became so", Wednesday says.
"Being without you would basically be death for me, too", Enid confesses.
Wednesday turns towards her, and they share a kiss, quick but filled with emotions and promises.

Wednesday finally relaxes fully, closing her away, wrapped in Enid's arms.