Tag, You're Hit

Summary:
Enid's running and dodging.
Wednesday's using her crossbow.

"Run."

It was all Wednesday said after the class ended and it was Enid's cue to dash away.

Enid was running. As fast as she can.

Dodging every student that got in her way, earning a few "Sinclair!", "watch it!", "Slow down!", comments from those she barely hit. Her heart pounded hard and fast, feet maintaining on smooth tiles and cobbled steps, and breath uneven as she continued her pace.

Thwump.

Zzsh.

Twang

'γαμώ!' Enid's sharp hearing—one that got sharper after her first wolf-out—heard it loud and clear and dodged the oncoming assault. Her sight came to one of the pillars of the quad and she dived in and curled up, using the thick pillar as cover.

Twang.

The lycan peeked at item on the floor, a sharp bolt, and looked up to where it came from.

On the balcony of one of the campus buildings, Enid saw the culprit, dark hair with twin long braids, black uniform, holding a crossbow that was being loaded again with another bolt, and she clicked her tongue. She knew she had a few more seconds before she could move and take cover.

Pushing off the floor, she jumped to another pillar hoping for cover.

Zzsh. Rrrippp.

Enid once again ducked behind the pillar and gasped after hearing the tearing sound. She pulled off her uniform jacket and grumbled seeing the fabric ripped. She then looked out from her hiding spot and raised her jacket, showing it to the assailant. "WENDSDAY! YOU RIPPED—EEP!" she dodged the oncoming bolt by swiftly ducking down, the ammunition hitting the wall behind the blonde and barely misses the other students walking by.

Enid was close to the table where her friends were seated. A few more steps and she be safe. Enid dodged another bolt yet again by hiding behind the pillar, hearing a yelp from one of the passersby who was almost hit by the razor-sharp item. She looked at the group whom her roommate almost injured and apologized for her roommate's actions.

Bzzt bzzt!

Enid's mobile device vibrates, and the blonde took it out and saw a message from her attacker. She opened the message and grumbled.

'You can't hide there forever.' The message read.

It was true. Enid needs to find safety among her friends, and she can't do that if she's hiding behind the pillar. Her legs ached and her chest felt like it was being crushed but she knew she must move.

Twang! Twang!

Enid's eyes went wide hearing two bolts hitting the pillar.

"If not for... ugh!" the colorful lycan pressed a hand on the pillar, determined to run to the table, and readied herself. She focused on the sounds of her surroundings, keeping tabs of the metallic sound flying towards her. She took a deep breath and pushed herself off the pillar as soon as she heard the crack in the air from the release of another bolt.

She ran. As fast as she could. Zigzagging and pushing students out of the way.

Fwip!

Fwip!

Fwip!

Three bolts were dodged before she was a few feet away from her usual table.

It was near.