Cherry Flavored Conversations

Summary:
Wednesday and Enid are two idiots pining over each other. They finally confess after graduation, thinking they might not see each other ever again. In reality, they probably could've confessed way sooner.

If you told Wednesday Addams three years ago that she would be hopelessly and utterly in love with the physical embodiment of a rainbow-colored golden retriever, she would've laughed in your face—and that was saying something.

The last time the ravenette had laughed was when Enid showed her a clip of Kent pushing Xavier down the stairs after class. But before that? It must've been years.

After the events with Crackstone, Wednesday accepted her feelings for the blonde, but vowed to never act on them.

The Addams' curse was draining, and she definitely did not want to die of a broken heart from unrequited feelings. It might've been appealing—the image of her cold, black, still-beating heart turning to stone as if she had ripped it out and handed it to a gorgon—if not for the fact that she had not yet finished her second installment of the Viper de La Muerta series. After all, she really wanted to complete at least three novels before she came to her ultimate and inevitable demise.

Wednesday loathed to admit it, but after getting her first fitting for her cap and gown, reality hit her as hard as a ton of bricks landing on her face. Everyone would graduate and carry on with their lives and totally forget about her.

It wasn't like she cared. Honestly, she only cared about one person there—besides Eugene, who was like a little brother to her. But the bee-loving boy didn't live as far away from her as Enid did. He certainly did not live across the country, and he surely didn't mind writing handwritten letters sealed with a wax stamp of a bee and his initials below.

Enid, on the other hand, hated writing letters to Wednesday during their breaks from the academy. She would complain that her hands cramped up and would whine about how much easier it would be if Wednesday just, for once, used her phone.

Wednesday would consider using the blasted device only after seeing the revolting glittery pens Enid used. (Definitely not because of her little pout and big shiny blue puppy dog eyes staring down at her through her long lashes). She even alternated colors between every sentence written, dotting her I's with small pink hearts that made Wednesday feel strangely tingly inside.

"I should've known you would somehow get an all-black cap and gown. Even the tassel?!" Yoko exclaimed with a slight chuckle as she eyed Wednesday through the mirror of the Nevermore school bathroom.

"Why are you shocked, Tanaka? Did you think I would actually wear such a detestable color because I'm finally graduating from this hellscape?" Wednesday replied in her usual monotone voice. Still, Yoko could sense something was off.

Yoko shrugged and didn't bother with a retort. She went to the stall to put her own purple cap and gown on.

"You know, you should like, actually tell her," the vampire stated as she walked out after a few minutes.

Perhaps this was about Enid? Wednesday stood there, staring at her ghastly reflection in the mirror, lost in thought.

"Tell who, what exactly?" Wednesday turned to the taller girl.

"Enid. You know exactly what I'm talking about, Addams. Don't play dumb. You so have a crush on her!" Yoko said waggling a finger at the other girl.

"I do not know what you are talking about, and I am most certainly not playing dumb," Wednesday replied, turning back to the mirror and applying her dark plum lipstick.

She might have been becoming more like her mother than she cared to admit. But she was also most definitely her father's daughter.

"It's so obvious, the feelings you have for her. Don't think we didn't notice the longing stares and the jealousy with every boyfriend or girlfriend of the month Enid has had these past three years? You may never see her again after tonight."