I'm home where you are

Summary:
It's the parent weekend after Enid and Wednesday have become an official couple. Enid is getting ready to prove her mother wrong, and Wednesday is planning a murder, just in case

"I could kill her", Wednesday offers.
"You're- You're not gonna kill my mum!" Enid splutters.
Wednesday spins around on her heels.
"Why not?" she questions, crossing her arms.
"Because she's my mum!" Enid yells, jumping up from her bed.
"Many individuals have achieved greatness after ridding themselves from an oppressive parent's grip", Wednesday says, turning back to look out their window.

The first parents have already arrived for parent weekend, all the cars turning into campus visible from their window, and the girls have been trying to give each other pep talk for the day. Or, Wednesday has been giving Enid a pep talk, which mostly consisted of threatening serious bodily harm to the werewolf's mother.

After another moment, Wednesday turns back from the window. Sighing.
"You should not do anything unless you feel safe doing so. Okay?" she says.
Enid nods.
"I know. Thank you. I just... I have to do this. I have to look my mum in the eye and prove her wrong. Tell her I did wolf out, and I did find a mate", she says.
Wednesday steps over to her.
"A mate who could not give less fucks whatsoever regarding if you ever wolfed out", she says, reaching a hand out, black nailed fingers rubbing ones with pastel nails.
"Thank you, my raven", Enid whispers, leaning in and softly kissing the other girl.

A sudden, furious tapping against the floor near the window forces them to break apart and turn towards the sound. Having gotten their attention, Thing points out the window.
"It's time", Wednesday says, turning towards the door.
Enid breathes in.
"Just promise you won't murder anyone today", she says, only half jokingly.
"I don't make promises I can't keep, Enid. Especially not to you."

The knowledge that her beloved is going to face her abusers already making Wednesday's skin crawl, and not in a good way, the buzz of people on campus is just making everything worse. The volume of the voices have assaulted her ears, already clawing their way past her skull right into her brain, the sheer amount of people making her head spin.
"You alright?" Enid whispers.
She swallows.
"It's just loud, but I'll be fine", she says through her teeth, starting to walk before Enid can say or ask more.

Morticia and Gomez are too occupied by each other to initially notice their daughter's presence. Luckily for them, Pugsley does.
"Wednesday", he greets, and their parents finally break apart enough to acknowledge her.
"Ahh, if it isn't our little rain cloud!" Gomez exclaims happily.
"How are you doing, darling?" Morticia asks softly.
"Mother, father... As much as I would have liked to prove you wrong, Nevermore has, as I am sure you know, grown on me. For one particular reason, especially", Wednesday says, stepping aside some so Enid, who has been trailing behind the black haired, can step forward.

"Enid! How lovely to see you again! I get so happy knowing my daughter has a friend like you!" Morticia says in delight.
Wednesday glances at Enid. Enid nods in consent, grabbing her hand.
"Actually...", Wednesday begins.
She's been dreaming about the day when she'll be able to say the following words, and she says them most formally:
"Mother, father, Pugsley, this is my girlfriend, Enid Sinclair."
Her family obviously knows Enid's name already, having already met her through the crystal ball calls many times, but Wednesday is going to do this entire thing correctly.

Morticia claps her hands, and Gomez squeaks in delight.
"Pay up, paps", Pugsley says, holding his hand out expectantly as Gomez starts rummaging through his coat pockets.
"You betted on my love life!?" Wednesday roars.
"Last semester we betted on whether or not you would make the principal resign", Pugsley informs her as Gomez hands him a small collection of coins.
"That's all!? I'm worth at least the double! At least!" Wednesday yells at them.

Enid comes up to stand beside her.
"You're priceless to me", she whispers, kissing her cheek.
Wednesday closes her eyes, relaxing some.
"ENID SINCLAIR! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THE COMPANY OF THE DESPICABLE ADDAMS FAMILY AND THEIR DEMON DAUGHTER!?" a woman screams, and, had Wednesday not recognized her as Enid's mother, she just might have appreciated being called a demon.

Reacting swiftly, Wednesday stands in front of Enid, facing the two furious werewolves head on.
"Mum, this is Wednesday", Enid says.
"I do not care to know the name of this freak, Enid. Why are you in her company? Is this where not wolfing out got you?" the woman interrupts.
Wednesday growls, her hands itching for revenge.
"I did wolf out, mum! And I have found a mate", Enid continues, walking up to stand next to Wednesday, a flicker of pride at her bravery sparking in the midst of Wednesday's dark rage.

Enid's mum scoffs.
"Oh, you're not a complete disappointment! Well, who is it? Is it that Ajax-?"
Wednesday wishes she could have sent her girlfriend a mental message reminding her how she doesn't have to do this. Not if she's scared.
"Wednesday. Wednesday is my mate, mum", Enid says.
The reaction she gets is a dark, mocking laugh.
"What? This freak? This sad, useless goth girl-"
"Excuse me, what did you just call my daughter?"

The rest of Wednesday's family has been sitting quietly on the bench, staring at the werewolf mother, until now. Now, Morticia rises to her full height. Dark clouds begin to block out the Sun, and the wind grows colder and harsher, making the long, black hair of the Addams matriarch flow behind her, resembling the long tentacles of some horror creature.
"You come here and speak vile words to your own daughter, and then you have the fucking nerve to insult my little viper in front of me. I should make fur coats of you both", she says, her voice ringing out.
"That's my wife!" Gomez yells.

Wednesday takes off her backpack.
"You won't have to make fur coats, mother. I have already prepared", she says, setting the backpack down in front of Enid's mother and opening it.
Thing comes jumping out, attaching himself to the werewolf mother's face. The scream that follows is nothing less than spectacular, the woman scrambling back and shrieking as she tries and fails to rip Thing off of her. Her husband following, Enid's parents disappear across campus, and Wednesday wastes no time before rising to her feet, walking over to Enid and embracing her.

"Are you okay?" she asks.
A stupid, stupid question. Of course Enid is not okay! It just seems that is the universally recognized line you say to someone who is upset to show you care. To tell them you are there for them and worry about them. Of course Enid isn't okay. She buries her face in Wednesday's blazer, sniffling, looking up after a moment when Morticia, Gomez and Pugsley come over.
"Don't you worry, dearie. Thing will make sure she rethinks all her priorities", Morticia says.
"If I don't break a few bones of hers first", Wednesday grumbles.
Morticia sighs, but it's fondly.
"You have always been protective, my little viper. It's always been your main love language, but you need to know when to pick your battles", she says.
"When you should care for your loved one, rather than kill for her", Gomez adds.

Enid lifts her head again.
"I can hear everything you are saying, and I have made it clear I am not a fan of death in any context", she says.
"And you date my sister...?" Pugsley asks.
"It does appear like that, yes", Wednesday says.

Morticia and Gomez had planned to surprise their children with a picnic at a local cemetery, and since Enid is still very much reeling from the events of the day they offer for her to come along too. She's skeptic, but ends up deciding she'd rather be with the Addams than back at school right now. As they set up the blanket and candles Pugsley drags Wednesday away to look for spiders with him, and Enid watches them from a slight distance as they dig through a pile of leaves and sticks.

Pugsley tries to show Enid a really big maggot he found, but Wednesday stops him, yelling that Enid is really scared of insects. He goes back to digging, and this time his sister leaves him to it, going over to Enid and caressing her cheek.
"Eww, your hands are all dirty! So you, though", Enid giggles, and one of the corners of Wednesday's mouth lifts a tiny bit before she kisses her.

"Promise me something, Enid?" she whispers as they break apart.
"What?" Enid whispers back.
"Never stop being you."
Enid fixates her with a stare.
"If you promise me the same, Wednesday."
"It's a deal", Wednesday whispers, kissing her again.

"That's gay", Pugsley says suddenly, and they dissolve into laughter.