Chapter 10: Boss B*tch

Quentin

That's some nerve on that guy.

If there's one rule I abide by unlike any other is that nobody disrespects me. We didn't become the largest werewolf pack in the country by being soft and cuddly. So if you don't show me the respect I'm owed, I will put you in your place.

And so I did, fast and hard. There's no quarter for enemies, none. You're either with me or against me. And if you're against me, then it's your funeral. Not that I actually killed anyone. So far...

But that fairy really shouldn't tempt me. I could snap his neck like a twig if I wanted to, so it's best for him that he doesn't give me any reason. I'm just saying...

In more important news, I was so happy to be reunited with Cassie. I know we only spent a week apart but it was one hell of a separation. We texted and called each other, but it wasn't the same not seeing her. I genuinely missed her so much.

I don't know what I'll do if I get mated to another girl. I understand it's a real possibility, I'm not delusional, but it's gonna hurt like a motherfucker. Not gonna lie, I'm nervous as hell for my birthday.

I'm also not looking forward to the final showdown with Jude, not because I don't think I can take him, I do. But I hope to enjoy my senior year of high school in peace. I'm sure my father won't make us fight until after graduation.

There's no hurry for any of us to take over for him. My father is still young, so there's no rush for me to take over as Alpha. But make no mistake, I will win the fight and succeed him. That's not in question here.

In reality, I would prefer to go to college before my ascension ceremony. I'd love nothing more than to attend college next to Cassie as my mate, but let's play it by ear. Who knows what kind of college any of us would get accepted to...

The year has only begun, so I'm sure there's plenty of time to figure it out. I know my mother supports the college idea and I also know Jude wants to go too. After he loses Alpha to me.

Since I was without my car on Tuesday, I had Dragon drive me to the training center for my mandatory session with Mr. Booker. I have to train with our top enforcer if I wish to become Alpha. Of course, Jude was there too. We always train together to not compromise the fairness of the process.

I get it. My father can't seem to be favoring me over my brother. Whatever...

After the training ended, we took a shower and returned home together. I'm not gonna ask someone to drive me home when there's a car parked outside going to the same place. I don't want to be seen with him, but it's mostly at school.

He was quiet for the most part, which is better than us being at each other's throats. I know we have to play nice for a while or my father is gonna punish us harshly. And I have the most to lose if he bans me from seeing Cassie.

A week was enough for me. You won, dad.

We arrived in time to rest for a few minutes before dinner, so I went straight to my room to drop off my bag. I'm exhausted from the marathon, but invigorated by seeing my girl. I love her.

Over dinner, my parents asked us what our day was like and how our training is going. Jude is monosyllabic and I told them it was fine. The training was tough, but that's how I like it. I'm used to it by now, though Mr. Booker is always challenging us in new ways to not make us complacent.

"Are you alright, son?" - Mom inquired of the apathetic boy.

"I'm fine, mom. Just tired from the double journey." - Jude replied, breathing out a sigh.