Chapter 26: Boyfriend

Jude

The Pandora box refuses to be closed.

There's nothing people like more than gossip and ever since Owen revealed Jalensky has a secret crush, the subject refuses to die down. Even after he asked Rachel to be his date to the homecoming dance, she brought it up.

Dragomir is pissed about it, but students are relentless in curiosity. Especially after Owen said he can't be mated to them. That piece of information put the bug in everybody's heads and now everyone is intrigued by it.

I wanna keep myself as far away from the issue as I can. I know it's me, but he'll never admit it and at this point, I don't want him to. Not really. I'm into Beck now and I don't want anything to derail our relationship.

We have been doing great so far. The kisses keep on coming and I'm so here for it. In fact, he's all I think about now.

We're inside the classroom on another school day. It's little before the third period when I was talking to my best friend about something and we overheard some classmates comment about it once again, trying to speculate their identity.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever dork. But I still would like to know why can't he be mated to her. That's what's boggling my mind..." - Lay conjectured, turning to an angered Jalensky at the back of the classroom.

"Maybe she's under age. Like Blaine's sister." - Elaine suggested to a rather dismissive looking Blaine, who rolled his eyes at the comment. His sister is 15 years old.

Mating rules state that you can only be mated to someone up to two years older or younger than you. Naturally, they also state that you can't be mated to any blood relative. Last but not least, you need to be eighteen to discover your mate but they can only be discovered if they're at least seventeen.

"I don't think my sister is his type..." - Blaine scoffed, dismissively.

"Really? Just because I called you two a biracial couple? You're black. She's white. Get over it! That doesn't mean I'm racist!" - Jalensky snarled at him, peeved by the implication he just made.

"Of course, you're right. It's just a coincidence that you've only dated white girls so far.." - Blaine provoked, setting him off.

"You son of a bitch!" - Dragomir shouted at him, revolted.

Quentin intervened before things got out of hand and they quieted down for a moment before class started. What a busy morning and the day has barely begun...

"For whatever it's worth, I don't really think Jalensky is racist. And Blaine's sister is not out of his mating range, but he would have to wait two years to discover her." - I spoke, shocking people around me.

"Oh my Goddess, it's the apocalypse! You're defending Dragomir..." - Layla jokes, causing some students to laugh at this.

Jalensky glances at me with a timid smile, quietly thanking me for the defense.

"I just fail to see why any of us should care about people's ethnicity. We are werewolves. The Goddess doesn't care about that when she partners us up, so why should we?" - I declared, a tad revolted at the notion.

"You're right, Jude. I hope your mate has a beautiful skin tone that is different from your bland white complexion." - She snickered in a joking tone.

"Bland? Really, bitch? Do you own a mirror?" - I sassed her.

We poke each other as we start walking towards the next class, laughing at ourselves.

Later that day...