Chapter 69: Come Together

Quentin

Awkward.

When my brother returned from the pack house crying and he told my parents it was basically my fault, I had to explain to them what he meant by that. As uncomfortable by this as one could be, I showed my parents the small puncture wound in my forearm that was hidden under a long sleeve shirt.

As I did that, they immediately connected the dots and understood why Jude was crying. He must have seen Beck's arm and reached the same conclusion my parents just did. As would any living werewolf who is old enough to understand how the bond completion works.

It's not for me to speculate on why my mate decided against being marked by me, but I wasn't about to turn down sex with him because of it. Hell no! I'm horny [for him] and it's not like I can do this with anybody else. Not that I want to, let's be clear on that subject.

Well, that was then. After Mrs. Becker told my parents I requested her permission to travel with Beck and her to the reservation, the level of uncomfortableness was elevated to a new degree.

Not only my brother was fuming at me for going behind his back, both my parents were mad at me as well. They scolded me after we returned home from the pack house, telling me I should have cleared this with them first, only then I could have tried to get Mrs. Becker's permission.

I did my best to reiterate what I had already said before. I took the chance I had by being inside a car with Beck for four hours and talked about the opportunity to go with him to the reservation and get to know his world better. I obviously didn't mean to upset my parents.

I wasn't thinking about them or Jude, for that matter. I saw an opportunity and ran with it.

Now it's very unlikely my parents are gonna say yes to the trip and I'm gonna spend days without seeing my mate. Because if his mother is going to travel tomorrow, she's not gonna return until after the New Year holiday.

I wanted to spend this occasion by my mate's side, I cannot hide. I dreamed about this ever since I learned about what mates are.

Now I know I probably went about this the wrong way. Of course I should have known it was gonna cause a raucous. But now it's too late. What is done is done. There's no turning back. Only groveling to my parents for their permission to make the trip.

I never traveled so far alone before, but I wouldn't be alone. A responsible adult would be present the whole time and I am an adult myself now. It's not like I was a minor. But I can't go without their permission, that much is clear. I'm not a rebel in any way, shape or form.

This is not the time to piss off the Alpha. And even so, Mrs. Becker won't take me without my parents' expressed consent.

After a very long and agitated Christmas' Eve, the four of us went to bed with a lot on our minds. I know I have a long way to go in regards to my mate and the relationship with my brother. I am aware of that.

After sleeping on it, I decided to get him on board and try to gather an ally. I went to his room, but he was already downstairs by the time I woke up. I brushed my teeth, changed my clothes and put on a cordial smile to face the music.

My mom was inside the kitchen washing the dishes with my dad while Jude was murdering a bowl of cereal. I greeted my family and poured some cereal on a bowl for myself.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted yesterday. I should have known you'd want to make the trip too and should have included your name when I spoke to our mate." - I mind linked him, sitting across from him on the table.

Jude was startled by the invasive voice on his head and frowned at me.

"Why are you mind linking me if we're in the same room?" - He questioned me, looking puzzled.