Chapter 83: Home

Quentin

Remember when I was recuperating from my appendicitis and I had the bright idea of trying to Alpha command Beck to let go of my hand and let me scratch my surgery stitch?

Yeah... not my finest moment, to be honest. When Beck had told me:

'That doesn't work on me, you stupid fuck!'

I thought he said that because mates are usually immune from Alpha command. There can be no hierarchy between mates, so I assumed he meant to say he was immune from my power because he was my fated mate.

At that time, I'm sure that's what Beck meant. He thought he was immune from my command since he is my mate. That made sense then and it still would make sense now.

However, now we know Beck CAN'T be commanded by any Alpha whatsoever. In fact, he is the one with the power to make any werewolf his bitch. I mean, to make any Alpha in the world comply with his demands.

I agree with Tayen - Talla's sister, Beck's aunt. That is indeed a very dangerous ability to have. It would put him in a position of advantage in regards to any Alpha he meets from here on now. It 's true.

However, that would only help him in dire situations. Normally, if you cross an Alpha, they're not likely to let it slide and leave you unpunished. Which means that the reality of the situation is: this is not an interesting ability to have after all.

Whoever he commands, they're gonna know what he did. They might be forced to do his bidding, but they would chase Beck afterwards and make him pay for that. For whatever they were forced to do by him.

Unless, of course, you play this right.

If Beck were an evil mastermind, he could get away with murder depending on whether or not he plays his cards right. I can certainly see the utility in this power, as long as you learn how to use it and do it masterfully.

Until this very day, my best friend can't use homophobic slur against anyone ever again. Though to be honest, he never should have used it in the first place. But I'm not the one to talk about him on such matters. Glass houses and all that.

But my point is what Jude commanded him to do then it still remains valid now. Because a command is definite, final, resolute. Unless it is reversed by the same Alpha who commanded you in the first place. And if not even I am immune from his power, then...

Beck could make me do anything he wants. Or anybody else, for that matters.

With that being said, that's not who my mate is. Kuckunniwi is far from an evil mastermind and he would never mess with consent. The way I see it, the only way he'd use this power is if his life was in danger.

Someone would have to piss him off really bad in order for him to activate this particular ability. In other words, I think we're fine for now. Beck's a sweetheart with a kind heart and a gentle soul. As far as I'm concerned, we're as safe as can be.

On the first night of the new year, that is from December 31st to January 1st, we went to sleep late as expected. Beck wanted both his mates in the bedroom with him to play, but that will never work in the context that he wanted.

Sorry, my dear Beck, I can chill with you and Jude on the bed, no problem. But for anything other than that, I prefer that we be alone. Or you can be alone with him. But what happened on the day of the heat will never ever happen again.

Unless he's struck by heat again and I don't think there's any more mates left to be compelled to get marked. At least, that's the hope. I couldn't bear to share him with anybody else. Three is already a crowd.