Chapter 84: Respect

Beck

My head is killing me right now.

All I wanted was to see my mates after I dropped off my luggage at the pack house. I even walked to the Alpha residence and it is a long walk to get there. My feet are tired.

As soon as Luna opened the door for me, I was hit by a splitting migraine, a headache unlike anything I've ever felt before in my life. What the hell is happening to me? And why are my mates suffering from the same thing?

Are they suffering because of the link between me and them or are they experiencing the same migraine as me? What is going on right now and why does my head hurt so bad?

Luna sat me down on the nearest chair available and got me a glass of water. Alpha attended to his sons, who were suffering just as me. Jude, Quentin and I wept from the pain.

Alpha Geoffrey searched for an analgesic like crazy, but the problem is werewolves rarely do get these types of illnesses. We're not invincible, but headaches don't happen to us unless they're the symptom of a much dangerous disease. But even so, it wouldn't strike three people at once.

And just like that... it passed, like nothing ever happened.

I drank the water Luna offered me and walked to find my mates looking puzzled. I tried to bow my head to the Alpha, but my wolf wouldn't let me submit to him. What the fuck is happening right now? What is going on with me?

"Are you okay? What was that all about?" - Jude turned to me inside the living room, both his parents were confused by our synchronized headache.

"I don't know exactly. I felt like the entire pack was mind linking me at the same time..." - I replied, puzzled by this phenomenon. This never happened to me before.

"What the hell?" - Alpha Geoffrey gasped in shock, realizing something. His mate also picked up on it.

"What, dad? What happened? Why did we feel like the entire pack was mind linking us all at once?" - Quentin asked him, troubled by this. As was I.

"I think you boys took over the neural network of the pack from me." - He replied, gobsmacked by this event. - "Which should be impossible unless I nominate one of you as the next Alpha of the pack." - He explained, jaw dropped.

"What? Why would this happen now? Does it have anything to do with the fact that both our sons are mated and marked?" - Luna questioned her mate, puzzled by this phenomenon.

"It shouldn't happen like this. It never happened this way before. No Alpha can take over the neural network from another one... Not even two of them, no matter the fact that they're my sons or that they are marked. This is impossible!" - Alpha Geoffrey was pale as a ghost. He takes a seat on the couch and takes a breath. I've never seen him so frazzled.

Quentin and Jude glanced at each other with a nervous expression and muttered:

"Super Alpha." - They whispered at each other, looking spooked by this. The only plausible explanation for this happening, just when I entered the house with the Alpha present, would be to blame it on me and my rare werewolf breed. At least, that's what I'm thinking right now.

"Did you just say 'super Alpha'?" - Luna questioned them, intrigued by their choice of words.

"Oh my Goddess!" - I gasped in shock, realizing what actually happened. There's no other explanation except for me being the super Alpha. I triggered this, not that I intended to in any way.

The neural network is the connection among pack members and their Alpha. It's what gives us the ability to mind link each other. I mean, werewolves from the same pack. That network is tethered to the Alpha of each pack.