Chapter 63: What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted

Beck

I am shocked.

Quentin, who doesn't even have a car, is having our first date in a city 4 hours from Ruckerford Falls? Damn...

I'm all for ambition, as long as this doesn't turn into some sort of competition between the twins. I adore the enthusiasm, but I abhor anyone trying to one up the other in terms of our mating.

This is already confusing and awkward as it is, I don't need to add competition to it.

That is without considering the obvious competition for the Alpha position, but that has nothing to do with me and we're not there yet. Not without the marking on Quentin's neck.

And despite what I said about sleeping in the same room with him, we're not there yet. Not even remotely. I meant it in the sense of us sharing a two beds room.

It's Thursday, the eve of Layla's birthday.

Tensions are running high between Owen and Elaine in anticipation of the event. Blaine is also sweating in nervousness, not that he talks to any of us about it. I'm not inside the wrestling locker room or am a close friend of his to know his feelings.

But from the longing glances being exchanged inside the classroom, I'm going out on a limb here to say he wants her. He wants Layla badly, I might add.

He's still hurt because she sent that infamous email to Owen's parent, but that didn't change how he feels about her. Not by a long shot. Even I can gather that.

Elaine has already asked Owen to skip Friday's class, but that would actually make it worse, in my opinion. I much rather know my second mate when I did than be homeschooled for the rest of the year and never have to face him.

Of course, this is a bad example because even if I never stepped foot inside the school again - which is virtually impossible - I still would have to face him when I'd go to his house since I'm still mated to his brother.

Though my example is terrible, my point remains the same. There's no use skipping classes to potentially skip her mating. I'm praying for her to be paired with Blaine, but there are other sixty or seventy boys she could be matched with.

That's without considering the college boys.

Like we say time and time again, you can't fight the moonlight.

In fact, that song is the soundtrack of every single one of our lives.

Especially mine, at this point. I can try to resist, try to hide from his kiss, but I can't fight the electrifying attraction I feel for him. Most of all now that he's behaving like a choir boy. *giggles*

"You look so good today, mate. I wish our sleepover was today." - Quentin flirted with me as soon as I entered the classroom with his brother, though he waited a few seconds until he was no longer next to me. Our seats are not particularly close inside the classroom, though mine and Quentin's are even further apart because he sits at the back.

But werewolves are very good at hearing anything but a whisper inside this close space. Even outside voices carry inside the busy classroom.

"Thanks, mate. I hope you know that the fact we're sharing a room doesn't mean anything by it. I'm just saving your father's money before he calls me a gold digger." - I snickered. Quentin and Jude laughed at my statement and so did our classmates.

"I know that, Beck. Relax. But if you are in the habit of sleeping in the nude, don't let me stop you." - He flirted, eyes nearly glowing in lust for me. Jude gasped at his boldness.