Chapter 74: No One

Quentin

Nervous. Angry. Apprehensive. Furious.

When my mate was being challenged by that Avonaco prick, I felt a plethora of sensations. But mostly I just wanted to shift into a wolf and ravage that warrior's body, tear limb from limb. No one fucks with my mate.

Of course, I cannot do that in this scenario. It was supposedly a controlled fight. But I held myself back with difficulty from attacking that man. With some context, I can see now why calling my mate "little wolf" can be seen as condescending. Especially when he couldn't shift.

But I'm glad my mate gave it all he had in the fight. There were moments where I thought he was done for and still, he rose above the challenge. I'm actually very impressed by his fighting skills. Beck could have probably taken on me back when we were feuding.

He is much more of a worthy combatant than I had previously imagined. I'm glad that we don't fight anymore. These days all I want is to lock myself up in a room with him and complete the freaking bond. I'm aching for it, to be honest.

I already was before he accepted me as his mate, now I'm just itching for that to happen.

Speaking of which, that was the happiest day of my life so far. Though I'm not a fan of his father calling me a 'reject', if it got my mate to accept me I'll take the mistreatment. All I want, all I can think about is to be closer with Beck.

I wish I could be all blasé about it, but there is nothing else on my mind. My wolf demands it.

And our night in Dallas keeps replaying in my head on a loop. That was such great sex, I'm baffled by the fact that I was so comfortable and at ease with a boy. Hot damn! It was so good to be intimate with my mate. I want that again, I cannot lie.

And the more time we spend withholding, the more dangerous it gets. For the both of us.

Our werewolf nature is unforgiving and soon enough the both of us will be struck by rut.

Then we'll see what real violence means... *gasp*

Contrary to what most people believe about me, I'm not a violent person by nature. I know I have used my muscles to strike fear in others, I'm not proud of that particular achievement, but I actually dislike violence.

Yes, I'm the captain of my wrestling team, but that is NOT about violence. It's about a skillset and it is considered a sport; for me, it's a way of perfecting my game and staying sharp for the training with Mr. Booker.

Plus, I like my boys. My teammates. What can I say? I'm a men's man. I enjoy the brotherhood and the camaraderie among us. They are my closest friends and I'm sure I'll keep in touch with most of them even after high school.

It's late in the afternoon of December 27th. My mate has requested me and my brother to stay with him in his room to rest for the day and keep him company. Until now, we have never shared our mate in this scenario. We have never stayed with him in an intimate setting, just the three of us.

We are literally only lying together in his bed, both of us by his side on opposite ends. We are just resting and taking in our mate's scent. It's nice to have this peace and quiet with Jude. And Beck, naturally.

For the longest time, I had gotten in my head that Jude was the enemy and had to be fought, opposed, annihilated. I thought of him only as my nemesis, the one person who stands in my way of ascending to my father's position. To become the next Alpha.

I forgot to look at him as my brother. Ironically, I don't know how that's even possible since he looks just like me. Every time I look at him, it's like I'm seeing myself in a mirror. We may have different hair styles, but that's about it in terms of our difference.