Chapter 51: King

Beck

Oh. My. Goddess.

The class was shaken by the revelation of who sent that fateful email to Owen's father.

Of course, everyone suspected Layla but there was no proof until she incriminated herself.

Blaine broke up with her. That's how pissed off he was. Not only that but he was hurt by her stunt.

Elaine was practically sharpening her talons to attack Layla. Owen was the only one amused by this. I guess in some ways I can understand his reaction.

It's like the age old story. He wanted her. She didn't. He wants someone else. Now she wants him. And I'm like... bitch, aren't you happy with the hot wrestler? Blaine is very handsome and attractive, not that I mean in the way as if Owen weren't. Not at all.

I'm just baffled by why can't she be happy with him? It's not like she has any complaints about their relationship. At least, I haven't heard anything bad about him. He wasn't even pressuring her into sex, though of course he wanted it.

But he was being patient because he wanted her. And she said from the beginning she wasn't easy.

Speaking of wanting someone, badly I might add, my second mate thirsting after me is rattling my peace of mind. Shaking me to my core, I must admit. It has gotten to a point where I can't enjoy my first mate's company around school.

I can feel his eyes on me, but more than anything else, I can feel him even when he's not looking. I mean, it gets me thirsty too at times. I can feel him linger in the air.

It's not like I need to be all over Jude during school hours, but I don't want to hold myself back either. Sometimes I feel like he's really hungry and I am his meal, as he said. If he were a vampire, I'd be in danger of having my blood sucked.

But I suspect he wants my neck for another type of business.

Well, it's not exactly a secret why he would need me to offer him my neck. But what I really mean is he wants ME.

I'm the object of his affection, his desire.

Apart from Jude, I've never been so coveted before. It's not like I take pleasure in having his attention focused on me, I really don't.

But I guess we can't control ourselves anymore. We're at the mercy of Her power. And none of us can fight the moonlight. Not really.

After my mate dropped me off home after school, I walked straight to my room to get started on my homework.

It's already Thursday and I don't want to leave anything to do on my busy weekend with my mate.

Afterwards, I took a quick shower and met my mom for dinner downstairs. She asked me how I was coping with having two mates at the same time, to which I replied: it was confusing.

As much as I wanted nothing more than to ignore Quentin's presence, I can't stop feeling what he feels. I can't turn it off.

Even if I really wish I could...

She saw my distraught expression as we ate dinner, so she reached out her free hand to comfort me.

"You made the best decision for yourself and I respect that. But I warn you: we're not supposed to reject our mates. So it'll take some strong willpower on your part " - She cautioned me, worriedly.

"I know, mom. It's already costly, trust me. But to me there was no other decision to be made." - I stated, frowning.

"I understand. Stay strong, my darling. You'll persevere, I'm sure." - She consoled me with her nurturing motherly touch.