Chapter 44: All Night Long

Jude

What the hell just happened?

To say I'm gobsmacked it's an understatement.

All I wanted was a day of love with my boyfriend and now I have a mate. I found my mate by completing the bond. Who does that? I'm beyond shocked, my jaw hit the floor and it's taking me a while to recover.

Never in the history of werewolf kind has this happened. Basically, I found my mate AFTER we completed the bond. This doesn't happen! We didn't even accept each other formally. No acceptance speech whatsoever. I didn't even ask his consent before I plunged my teeth into his neck. I couldn't refrain myself, really.

We were loving each other and now I'm staring at a fully realized wolf in the middle of the living room. Beck didn't even shift before now. I guess all he really needed was for him to complete the bond with the mate he didn't even know he had... easy, right?

How am I going to explain this to my parents?

They are going to freak out, but I had no other choice. I had to bite him once I realized he was my mate and we had just completed the bond. It sounds confusing, I know. But technically you are allowed to have sex with your mate without biting his neck, but I couldn't stop myself.

I'm not one to do anything without consent as Goddess is my witness, but my wolf compelled me to do it. I was powerless against it. Beck's wolf approached my naked self and snuggled its fur into me, causing shivers down my spine.

Even in wolf form his touch gives me the chills. But if he is my mate - and he definitely is - that's normal. The wolf grazes its fur into my leg as if it was caressing me. It 's so endearing. I knelt before it and embraced him, hugging my mate for the first time ever.

I caressed his massive coat of fur and I can literally feel him melting at my touch.

Oh yeah, I can feel him now because he's my mate. I can feel everything from him.

After a while of petting and caressing, he started to shift back into human. He never went through this process before, so he tumbled across the room dropping the furniture. He caused a mess and by the time he concluded, he was sitting on the floor naked and crying.

Immediately, I ran across the room to comfort him.

"What just happened?" - He was sobbing with raw emotion. I hugged and caressed him.

"Well, your wolf needed you to find your mate and complete the bond before it revealed itself to you." - I replied in a matter of fact tone.

"But how can I be your mate? I thought you could only be mated to omegas..." - He looked at me gobsmacked.

"I'm just as confused by this as you are." - I responded, utterly puzzled.

"Oh my Goddess, I can't believe you're my mate!" - He parted from the hug to stare at me in shock.

"Me neither. If we weren't marked, no one would believe us." - I said, humorously. Beck laughed at my remark. He stopped sobbing now.

"I can't believe you shifted into a wolf for the first time ever! How did it feel?" - I asked him, excitedly.

"Confused at first, it was so automatic that I didn't know what I was doing half the time." - He replied, baffled.

"Yeah, we all go through that, trust me. It wasn't just you, but you didn't know it was coming." - I replied, looking enamored by him. I kissed my mate for the first time since we became official.

Shortly, we stood up and walked to the bathroom for a much needed shower. We both reeked of sex and sweat. Not to mention both our necks were injured.

After we dried ourselves, we got dressed and went to the kitchen to eat something. Since I didn't know what I would find here, I only brought junk food. I know we wouldn't have the means to cook anything. Truth is I didn't even know if we would have electricity working here.