Chapter 94: Human Nature

Beck

I dare you.

I'm sure if you had two hot mates at your disposal, you'd want them on your bed too.

What can I say? I'm blessed in the mate department. I have no complaints whatsoever.

My mates are pleased with me and so am I with each of them. We have been getting along great. In fact, our bond has never felt so strong. We are solidified as an unwilling, unlikely throuple.

However, I'm starting to hear whispers around school about my time in the bathroom with them. I hate being the subject of gossip, so I have to put a stop to that. School is not really the most conducive place for that kind of activity anyway...

I think I can wait for the weekends to be with them.

Now we are ready for another school week, just waiting around for spring break next month.I am a good student, but it's a means to an end. I'm not nerdy like my cousin Kingsley or a genius like Owen, though it's not that he is super gifted, he just has an eidetic memory. And he likes to read a lot.

I am excited to go to college and possibly live in a big city. I really want that, I do. I'm not so keen on keeping my mother here for me, I want her to be able to move back to the reservation. It's not fair to deprive her of my father, her mate.

He did his penance. He deserves to get with his mate the same way I'm pleased to have mine. I'm sure she misses him and the rest of her family. She is very close to her sisters and they still live there.

It was great that we were reunited with them on New Year's Eve, but Ruckerford Falls is not her home, it's mine. And I really want her to be happy. Also, we can still see each other occasionally. It's not an impossible trip as we have demonstrated.

Jude shows up at the pack house to take me to school like he does every day. He looks happy for us to be together. There's nothing stopping us now that he and his brother are at peace with our mating.

"Oh my Goddess!" - Jude gasped in shock at seeing Layla's mate mark inside the school courtyard. She looked radiantly happy, fulfilled.

"Please, by all means, announce it to the whole school, why don't you?" - She snickered, as multiple students stared at her oddly. Everyone can see she is marked now. I mean, we can scent it.

Jude hugged his best friend tightly and was overjoyed for her. She definitely took her time.

"How was it? Is he really packing?" - Jude was curious and I blushed at the line of questioning.

"It was great. And you'll never know." - She replied with a devious grin. Jude and I laughed at the same time, though I was just nervous. I'm not much of a sharer of intimacy, especially in an open environment like this. I don't even know how my cousin's first time was with Jalensky, though I'm pretty sure it was excellent.

In another corner of the school, Owen was being congratulated by all his friends for finally having completed the bond. So far, he was the one boy who took the longest out of all the already mated students. He looked joyful, realized, radiant.

It's a special occasion in every wereteenager's life. It was for me both times. As I'm sure it was for Cassie and Bode and soon enough it'll be between Casper and Sam, the latest mated couple of the school.

It was a joyous Monday all around and you couldn't find a happier couple inside the building.

"How was it?"

"Where did you take her?"

"How did you manage to convince her to finally agree to it?"

Owen was being bombarded with questions as if he had tamed the shrew. Being the gentle boy that he is, he only said it was the most magical day of his life. He didn't get into specifics with anyone, but then again neither he did when he slept with Elaine.