Chapter 20: Don't Rain On My Parade

Beck

I'm swooning.

I had such a wonderful time with Jude both yesterday and today that I practically floated to the dining room for lunch on Sunday.

What a blast! And I got the opportunity to visit the famous waterfalls and see him in a skimpy swimsuit. I hate to sound like a thirsty bitch, but what can I say? I'm merely human.

Honestly, it made my day. The date felt so natural and he's so easy to talk to. Even though our backgrounds are completely different, he somehow relates to me and my story.

I really can't put into words how comfortable he makes me feel and he's so pleasant to be around. I'm genuinely in awe of him. Our chemistry together is off the charts and I'm so happy to have found someone like him in this pack.

I spent most of my lunch talking to my mom about our wonderful time earlier and she was happy for me. Now that we were able to have this time together, I can safely concentrate my energy in keeping my cousin company. I owe it to Kingsley to spend time with him as he has been lovely to me since I came here.

And I'm happy to do so. In fact, I'm more than thrilled to have options right now. Jude texted me all through the day asking me how I was doing. He is such a sweetheart that it's hard for me to believe that Quentin is his twin brother.

Talk about oil and water...

Kingsley came to pick me up in the afternoon for a sleepover since tomorrow is Labor Day and we don't have school. I didn't tell him about my time with Jude because I have a distinct impression that he likes him.

Though I wanted nothing more than to talk about Jude, I have to be aware of my cousin's feelings. I don't want to flaunt anything in his face and make him feel uncomfortable around me. However, he did know that I had visited his house so he asked me about it.

I don't want to lie, so I told him the truth: it was a nice friendly visit. I could tell he was jealous because he was never invited to the Alpha residence. I understand this is a sensitive subject, so I limited myself to answer what was asked of me.

But as soon as possible, I changed the topic and we talked about other things. It was great to spend time with him and his family is so wonderful. His mother is a great cook, so that's always a plus.

Outside of the occasional homophobic bullying, Kingsley actually does well in school. He doesn't have many friends, but he mostly thrives under the radar. I'm really glad that I can be a friend for him now and vice-versa.

My holiday weekend flew by and before I knew it, Tuesday arrived and another school day before me. I'm actually looking forward to school, if you can believe it. This way I get to see Jude.

"Good morning, Beck. How was the rest of your weekend?" - He greeted me as I walked past the front gate.

"It was great. I had the best time in this pack so far." - I replied, blushing a bit under his intense gaze. Jude was wearing jeans and a t-shirt that hugged his ripped torso just right.

"I'm glad to hear it. You're welcome in my house anytime." - He flirted and I swooned.

"Thanks, Jude. I had a wonderful time with you this weekend." - I said, getting flustered.

"Me too. It's been a while since I spoke with anyone other than Layla." - He admitted, nervously.

"I hope I was a suitable substitute." - I said, humbly.

"Of course. Especially now that she's dating, she won't have time for me like she used to." - He said, playfully.

The bell rang and we walked towards the classroom together. As soon as we stepped foot inside, all eyes were on us as if we were holding hands. Nevertheless, I kept to myself and found my seat quietly.