Chapter 52: Beautiful Soul

Jude

Kingsley and Jalensky mated to each other?

I confess I did NOT see that coming.

The short, adorable omega with the strong, tall, brute boy. What a pairing!

I'm legitimately gobsmacked.

At Jalensky, for strangling my brother because he refuses to call Kingsley by his name. Who the hell calls someone "peasant" anyway?

He's not the king of anywhere. And it 's just rude, plain wrong to try to diminish anyone - and using their own name against them makes it even worse.

I know how affected Dragomir was since we stopped seeing each other and after the secret crush scandal, so I hope he takes his mating seriously and makes Kingsley happy.

I am definitely rooting for them both, especially after what Kingsley went through when he discovered he wasn't mated to me.

That was painful, oh my Goddess... *sobs at the memory*

I'm not a person who likes making anyone suffer on their account. And Kingsley is such a kind soul... I can only hope the Goddess knew what she was doing by pairing them together, truly.

But then again, it's not like I'm pleased to have been mated alongside my twin brother to the same person.

Quentin doesn't bother us much since the rejection, but I know it takes a huge toll on him.

And now it's starting to affect my relationship with Beck. Not because my mate lets it affect him, but sometimes the pull from the mate bond gets so strong for him to bear.

It's weird being connected to a boy who's connected to my brother. It really is. As much as I try to put it past me, I can't.

There's a constant shadow in our relationship, the shadow of the other mate.

It's not like Quentin pesters us or harasses Beck, of course not, but even in silence his presence is felt by our mate.

Not a want, but a need. Constantly craving his soulmate. And as much as I wish he was mated to someone else, I can't shake the feeling that it bothers my mate. I mean our.

I honestly hate this situation. Being one set of twins growing up, we always had to share things. But I never could've imagined we would share a mate. This is so far beyond sacred to our kind that it boggles my mind I'm meant to share Beck [with him].

Yes, he rejected my brother. I don't share him with anyone at this point and I certainly hope it continues this way, but I can't shake the looming threat of his presence. A cold chill runs down my spine every time my mate grimaces or changes his mood all of the sudden and for no apparent reason.

It frightens me as much as it irks me. I really don't want it to change for us.

But I suspect it already has.

"Good morning, King. How did your parents react to your mate's identity revelation last Friday?" - I greeted Kingsley as we met in the school yard on Monday morning.

Beck was also curious to know. I only beat him to the punch. He's standing next to me, as always. Kingsley is taken aback by the question and thinks on it for a moment.

"It was a struggle, not gonna lie. They weren't aware that Jalensky was queer and they know his parents have a strict moral code, so they don't know if they are going to accept us together." - He replied, as honestly as expected. He was really worried about what he said last.

Beck moved to hug him, offering some comfort to his cousin in this delicate time.

Inside the classroom, Jalensky did not appear to be any better. In fact, he was looking very distraught and quiet. Notably, most of the students picked up on that.