Chapter 19: Mystery of Love

Quentin

Have you ever heard the saying "when the cat's away the mice will play"?

Well, let's just say though I love my parents, I love it even more when they spend the weekend away. Especially considering the extended holiday weekend.

I'm having such a blast with the house all to myself. I mean, Jude is here too but it doesn't matter. His presence doesn't bother me or derail my plans whatsoever.

Not even the fact that he brought the fairy freak to our home bothers me. Not really. As long as they stay out of my way, I'm good to go.

In fact, all I care about is the fact that my friends and girlfriend can come here and we can have fun, enjoying the much welcomed time off. On Saturday, after a pleasant evening with them, Cassie was able to sleep over in my house. Of course, her parents thought she was spending the night at Jessica's house.

It is a rare occasion in which she gets to spend the whole night with me and it only happens when my parents are away. They don't allow her in my bedroom when they're present, safe if the door is opened and even so it's for a limited amount of time.

At this point, I'm used to circumvent their restrictions, it's not a limitation to me. But enjoying my hopeful future Luna in my bed is a fantastic treat. We stayed awake for hours into the night doing... Well, what teenagers who are in love do.

I felt a bit bad for Dragon to be sleeping alone on the sofa - he usually sleeps in my room - but he insisted it was fine by him. I wouldn't be offended if he chose to go home like the rest of the people who came over. I know at this point he's practically the third son and though our couch is comfortable, I wouldn't make anyone sleep on it.

But if he says it's fine, I'm not gonna expel him from my house. In fact, we are going to spend Sunday at his. His parents are also away for the Labor Day weekend. But their restrictions are much more effective than ours because unlike my house, his is staffed.

However, his parents don't mind if he brings a limited number of people over. So, my Sunday is gonna be spent by the pool. And I do love his house. The maid cooks a mean 'arroz con pollo' that it's simply to die for.

I woke up on Sunday late in the morning with Cassie by my side on the bed. I gently kissed her cheek before we got up and made our way to the bathroom. I wish my parents had built this house with three suites instead of just one - theirs, of course - but at least I share a bathroom with just one person.

As I walked towards the restroom, I noticed that Jude's bedroom door was open. He already left the house earlier. To wake up early on a Sunday takes commitment. Good for him.

After Cassie and I are freshened up, we walk downstairs to find Dragomir slouching on the sofa playing with his phone still shirtless. We greeted him as we passed by towards the kitchen. Cassie and I started making breakfast for us since we're hungry.

"At what time did you wake up? Did you see when Jude left?" - I inquired of him as my voice carried from the kitchen to the living room.

"No, I didn't see him leave. I woke up half an hour ago, at the most." - He replied, still playing with his phone. He was half covered by a sheet as he wore shorts to sleep.

"Right. By the way, where were you earlier at dawn? I came downstairs to grab some water around 2 a.m. and didn't see you sleeping. I thought maybe you decided to go home instead of sleeping here." - I questioned him, puzzled.

Jalensky was taken aback by the question. He sat up straight and put his phone away, looking frazzled. He thought about it for a minute before replying: