Chapter 38: Dancing On My Own

Quentin

Cassie and I took to the dance floor to enjoy our evening as the 'it' couple. The good thing about this being a wolf party is that the music isn't loud, but with our acute sense of hearing, it's enough for us to enjoy it or engage in conversations.

Owen and Elaine are making out in another corner of the crowded ballroom, probably fearing for the worst. For them, I mean. Elaine is a nice girl and I wouldn't mind being mated to her, if I must. Not that I'm thrilled about taking my friend's girl away from him.

Jalensky is sulking alone and Rachel is having fun with her girl friends.

The snacks are being served all around the room to keep us replenished. But with this many people, the waiters can't keep up. We're a hungry bunch. And the finger food is delicious.

Jude takes Beck to my parents' table in another room. At their table, the Ashmores and the Lancaster-Hathaways are with them.

"Mr. Lancaster, Deputy Mayor Hathaway, may I present to you Kuckunniwi Becker. A new addition to our pack. He wanted to meet the great men in charge of raising Owen, such an impressive young man." - Jude introduced him, also greeting the Ashmores.

Beck immediately bowed his head to my dad, though he already did that earlier today. *giggles*

"It's really nice to meet you. I'm glad my son left such a good impression on you." - Mr. Lancaster said, feeling proud of his child. Mr. Hathaway also smiled.

"He really did, sir. I just wanted to congratulate you both. I never had a role model for what a queer family could be and you two set the bar very high." - Beck said, starstruck by the prestigious couple.

Mr. Lancaster blushes at the compliment and holds his mate's hand over the table.

"Thank you for the kind words, Kuckunniwi. It's so great to meet a fine young man such as yourself. Come by our house anytime. Jude knows where we live." - Mr. Lancaster said, humbled by the praise. Mr. Hathaway was touched by this and commended Beck on his courage to restart his life in a new pack.

"Jude, it's almost time. Let 's go!" - Dad interjected, getting up from the table with mom by his side.

Dad raised his hand and an enforcer approached him hastily.

"It's time to evacuate the pack house." - He instructed the man, who immediately started talking to his fellow enforcers to start the evacuation.

Because no ballroom can fit this many people, the guests will have to gather outside of the pack house in order for me and Jude to scent them. There are hundreds of people invited. We simply can't sniff them out room by room. I mean, theoretically we could, but it'd defeat the purpose.

Instead, the entire pack house is being evacuated to gather outside. There's plenty of space in front of the manor.

A multitude of teens crowd the front of the pack house, eager for the countdown to start.

"I just wanna say: I love you, Cassandra MacPherson. In my heart, you'll always be my mate." - I declared myself to her with loving eyes. She smiled at me and we shared what could possibly be our final kiss.

"I love you, Beck. Nothing and no one will ever change that. I really need you to know this. You'll make for a wonderful mate someday. My life wouldn't be the same without you." - Jude declared, not far from me. They also share a final kiss.

"Thank you all for being here tonight. Best of luck to my sons, may the Goddess make them a great match." - Dad boomed his voice into the crowd, looking proud and happy next to my mom, who shined her smile at us in expectation and hope for our happiness.