Chapter 73: Home

Beck

Mom and dad spent almost an hour in their bedroom talking.

I'm sure she wasn't having her mate's antics. He needs to change his ways before he loses the only person that actually matters to him. No, I'm not counting myself in this equation. I should, if I were talking about any other werewolf father, but not mine.

Anyway, all we can do now is wait and see what sort of punishment he has in store for me. Last time he was mad he set a wolf on me. Now, I'm not so sure this would be enough. Maybe fifty wolves? Who knows...

What I do know is that I'm not allowing him to mistreat me or my mates. That's not happening.

Since we had some time to kill, I pulled Jude aside to check in with him. I wanted to see how he was doing after I accepted his brother as my mate. I'm sure this has been a shocking morning for my family - that includes him - and I needed to talk to my mate.

He told me the acceptance wasn't so shocking to him as he was kind of expecting at this point. It was hard to hear the acceptance speech that he didn't have with me, but he understood the situation.

I think we can all agree that my father must be stopped and the way he was treating Quentin was not okay. Jude comprehended that the only way forward is with acceptance and equality. This is a unique situation and the best thing that we can do is to survive it, by whatever means necessary.

We hugged each other and I thanked him for being so understanding. I know this is a lot, it is for me too. But there's no use fighting it. We all know we can't fight the Moon... My father, however, that's another matter.

Some time later, dad walked out of his suite looking pressed. Mom appeared next to him and wished us to have a great day. He grabbed his car keys and left the house with me and the twins, who got on the back of the car.

We were all silent for the short trip since my dad's face was not looking pleased. But before I exited the car, I tried to argue for peace.

"I came back here so we could try to have our father and son relationship back. I'm genuinely trying here. All I ask is to be respected, father. I hope you know I didn't come here to antagonize you." - I pleaded with him, who glanced at my guilty expression with a frown.

"It's fine, son. I want a relationship with you too. But this whole situation with your double mating has caught me off guard." - He replied, sincerely. The twins gulped awkwardly, but remained silent.

"It caught everybody off guard. But now we can only embrace it." - I said, not wanting to dwell on it.

"Sure." - He resigned himself by saying with a dreadful expression, exiting the car.

As we stepped out of my dad's Ford, I was once again in front of his office and the training camp that I grew up in having to fight for my life, disguised as training. All the people on site looked at us with perplexed faces, mainly at my twin (white) mates.

Dad was polite to show the place to them. He showed them where we trained and then his office. The tribal Chief's place of work. It was nice to see some of the warriors I once sparred with. Others I could do without ever laying my eyes on them again.

"Boys, make yourself at home. I'm gonna talk to my son and be back shortly." - Dad told the twins, as we entered his office. I got reacquainted with the place, which looks just as I remembered.

Jude and Quentin sat down on a sofa that was near the kitchen and pulled out their phones. Dad and I went ahead to talk privately. I was a little frightened at what he would say, but the conversation was actually pretty standard stuff.