Chapter 86: Humble and Kind

Beck

I'm feeling out of bounds.

I woke up in the back of Luna's car with Jude caressing my head, confused about what I was doing there. Then the events came back at me all at once, causing my head to get dizzy.

I commanded the Alpha to shut up?

Lonely old me?

Oh my Goddess! *gasp*

Of course, normally this would never happen. I wasn't raised to treat my elders with any disrespect. But I was the one being disrespected. To pretend to ban me from the pack and consequently from my mates is cruel and unusual punishment that I never even deserved.

Sorry, sir. You should not have poked the bear. Or in this case, the wolf.

I am Kuckunniwi Becker, first of my name, son of the tribe Chief, my werewolf bloodline dates back hundreds of years. It's older than the Atwoods. A lot older, as a matter of fact. So, with all do respect, I'm not someone to be messed with.

This is a lesson Avonaco had to learn when he challenged me back in the reservation and it's something anyone should keep in mind. I won't be disrespected and I will not bow down to anyone.

In reality, people don't bow down in my old pack. There is no Alpha, so there is no need to bow down to anyone. My father is the Chief, that's true. But people are not required to bow to him or any other tribe member.

In all honesty, I don't know what Geoffrey Atwood hoped to achieve with his antics. Did he really think I would disrespect his command and use the ability I didn't know I possessed until three days ago against him?

Really, dude? In front of his sons and mate?

Anyway, I fainted, recovered and now I'm lying inside my bedroom at the pack house by Jude's side. Oh how sweet it is to be loved by him. Though I'd prefer if Quentin was here too, of course. But I don't want to crowd my room in case things heat up.

It's a weird situation for sure, but I'm getting the hang of it. If ever I want any of my mates to do things to me, I can't have the other one inside the room. I understand that, I do. Would you want to make love with your boyfriend if your brother was in the same room?

Yeah, I didn't think so. This is not 'Game of Thrones'... no shade. I loved that show.

Jude feels so good, so comfortable and natural to be with. Because of our closeness, he is my sanctuary. My safe haven. In his arms is where I feel the safest, not gonna lie.

We stayed together, lying down on the bed, him caressing my head softly, messing with my long, curly hair. This is my paradise. I could do this forever with him, but I will not neglect my other mate. That's not what this is about.

I think the secret to making the relationship with my mates work is to find separate things to do with each of them. Each of my mates have a unique talent that is particular to him. Quentin may be my warrior, my defender but his brother is my safe haven.

By his arms is where I feel the safest, there's no doubt. And to be close to him, just like this, is my favorite thing in the world.

Some time later, we stepped to the downstairs floor to eat dinner. But this time, instead of me eating at the guest dining room, he invited me to eat with the Ashmores. I was a little apprehensive about this at first, but he insisted so... let's go.

We entered the main dining room, greeting everybody and wishing them a happy new year. Elaine seemed a bit better since I last saw her. I know she's still reeling from Owen and Layla's mating, but at least she looks conformed about the situation.