Chapter 58: Father

Beck

Panic.

Fear has stricken me in a way it's difficult to explain, honestly.

Suddenly, I'm reduced back to the boy who was a disappointment to his father.

Who was never enough. Enough of a man, a successor, a werewolf... take your pick. There's plenty to choose from.

Jude is holding my hand as we all stood there in the living room of the Atwood residence while my parents were standing by the front door, waiting to be invited to enter. Alpha Geoffrey was too shocked to act at first, but after a nudge from his mate he finally asked my parents to come inside the prestigious address.

Quentin was just as shocked by his presence as the rest of us, but more than anything he looked worried for me. And it showed on his face, not that I was paying attention to him. Plus, he was behind me at this particular moment.

My parents entered the house, bowing their heads to the Alpha. First off, my mom introduced her mate to the Atwoods.

"I'm sorry for trespassing on your pack's territory. Normally, I would have gone through the proper channels, but this was a last minute decision. I hope you can forgive me." - Dad told Alpha Geoffrey, who looked uncomfortable but projected strength, as usual.

"If your mate is comfortable with your presence here, then who am I to say otherwise. Welcome to Ruckerford Falls, Chief Becker." - The strong man replied to my father.

Mom rushed to hug me as she saw the clear state of panic I was in. Naturally, Jude took a step back to give her some room. Meanwhile, Alpha Geoffrey introduced his family to mine.

Jude and his mom have already met my mother, but Quentin hasn't.

"It's nice to see you again, Mrs. Becker. Nice to meet you, Chief Becker." - Jude shook my parents' hands with an awkward smile.

"So you boys are my son's twin mates." - Dad looked at the brothers up and down, examining the now blushing boys. I gulped awkwardly.

"Yes, I am. I hope I can be up to your standard as far as what you expected in regards to your son's mate." - Jude spoke, looking my father directly in the eyes.

"I hoped my son would get mated to a nice girl from my tribe, but I don't get to do the pairing." - Dad jabbed, looking at me reprehensibly.

"Thank Goddess." - I muttered under my breath, extremely uncomfortable. Dad glared at me.

"I'm sorry for springing all this on you, Beck. I received a call informing me your father was ill, so I had to return back to the reservation. Once I got there and he had some time to recuperate, he expressed his wishes to see you again so I suggested he accompany me to dinner here." - Mom told me, feeling bad for the situation.

She then turned to my dad by her side.

"But if he doesn't behave himself, I'm gonna personally escort him out of the town." - She stated, staring at her mate menacingly.

"I'm sorry for bringing an extra guest to your house, Luna. I hope it's not a bother." - Mom told her with humble eyes.

"Of course not, the more the merrier. I always cook too much food anyway, I'm glad there's more people to eat it." - She said with a disarming smile.

Dad kept staring at my mates with a disapproving frown before he finally came closer to me.

"I heard you finally shifted for the first time, son. I always knew you had it in you." - He smiled at me with a rare expression of approval.