Chapter 64: I'm Your Baby Tonight

Quentin

Oh my Goddess!

Layla got mated right in the middle of the school yard.

Our wolves don't play when it concerns our mates. They only wait for you to turn 18 and find an age appropriate partner. That is your mate needs to be at least 17, as we have said before.

As soon as he walked past the school front gate, BOOM!

It took them a while to come to terms with the pairing, but once they did...

Normally, the guy is the one who says the acceptance speech first and the girl agrees with it or not. But of course Layla did not wait for the man to make a move. Of course SHE was the one who first accepted him.

Typical Layla. Don't tell anyone I said this but she grew on me. I like her and my brother actually made a great choice as far as Betas are concerned. I really mean it.

Of course, the game is not over yet. The Alpha position is not set in stone as people would think it is. Though right now all signs point at my brother, I'm not exactly throwing the towel.

No, ma'am. No sir.

I'm not giving up, I'm giving in. To my partner, to the mate bond and all that it entails.

I understand you're curious about Layla's mating but something much more exciting is about to happen, in my humble opinion. I'm going out on my first ever date with my mate.

I'm radiating with excitement about this. Nearly 24 hours by Beck's side.

It's one night only, even though we're on winter break from school now. But it's all I could afford. Truth is I was never going to book two separate rooms for me and Beck, I just faked it because my brother called me out on it and I panicked.

Of course, I can't afford two rooms in Dallas. I'm the Alpha's teenage son, not Dragomir.

If I could, I would whisk him away for an entire week, but that's never gonna happen.

Regardless, I'm booming right now. It's Saturday morning.

My mom gracefully lent me her car for the weekend, so I packed an overnight bag and drove to the pack house right after breakfast. It's a four hour drive til Dallas, so I wanna make the most of it while I can.

I greet my mate who is already waiting for me inside the living room. His mother was also present, so I greeted her as well.

"Good morning, Quentin. I love that you're taking the time to be with your mate but let's not get accustomed to these kinds of trips while he's still in school. I'm only allowing this because it wouldn't be fair NOT to since you boys are on winter break. And because you're not driving at night. Drive safe." - She cautioned me in her motherly worried tone.

"Of course, Mrs. Becker. Thank you for allowing us to make this trip. I promise it's the only one I have planned for the break." - I reassured her in a serene tone.

She kissed her son on the temple and waved me goodbye. I wanted to carry Beck's bag, but he insisted on carrying it himself. Once I was in front of the pack house and alone with him, I couldn't resist a question.

"Can I kiss you now?" - I was staring at him with my eyes twinkling with desire.

"You may." - He replied, sheepishly.

I lunged for his lips like famine needs food, going as far as nibbling his lips lightly - which he loved, by the way. We walked to the car, put his bag in the trunk and got on the road.

"I'm not gonna lie. I'm still gobsmacked that our first date is in another town four hours away from here." - He started off, sounding impressed by me.

"Well, I wanted to impress you." - I confessed, almost smugly.